Serious Accident, Package Car - Tolland CT. 7/16/12

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Bubblehead... I don't care who started the thread, why it was started, or when the family member registered. That's not the point.

The point is that you disrespected the injured driver and his family by defiantly continuing to post in the exact way that a member of the injured driver's family had asked us all not to. If supporting the family's request is overzealous moderation or makes this the vanilla cafe then that's fine. I'd rather be supportive of the injured driver and his family than tolerate your over zealous need to dominate this thread.

If you want to discuss UPS safety issues please start a new thread or post in one of the existing threads on that topic.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead... I don't care who started the thread, why it was started, or when the family member registered. That's not the point.

The point is that you disrespected the injured driver and his family by defiantly continuing to post in the exact way that a member of the injured driver's family had asked us all not to. If supporting the family's request is overzealous moderation or makes this the vanilla cafe then that's fine. I'd rather be supportive of the injured driver and his family than tolerate your over zealous need to dominate this thread.

If you want to discuss UPS safety issues please start a new thread or post in one of the existing threads on that topic.

I'm not trying to dominate anything.
I returned to the thread to find my post, as well as posts by others having been deleted.
I didn't and don't understand why.
We were trying to create an awareness amongst our co-workers of a situation that needs to be addressed.
Sure it can and has been addressed in other threads, but it is way more effective when the issue can be linked to specific event like this one.
That picture fully illustrated exactly what we were trying to convey.
This driver and his family may have an opportunity to effectuate change, change that could prevent avoidable injuries and death in the future.
So by all means, let's all express our shock, awe, and condolences and go back to our everyday lives and wait for it to happen again.
Unfortunately, this guy won't be able to do so as easily as the rest of us.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Bubblehead... please stop posting about this in this thread. It is disrespectful to the injured driver and his family.

I wish these blogs would focus on positive comments and wishes to the family instead of playing the blame game to the employer. Thank you for your kind words and thanks to all who offered support, and to those who chose to land here to complain...go do it somewhere else. We are going through one of the worst crisis our family has seen. Be respectful.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead... please stop posting about this in this thread. It is disrespectful to the injured driver and his family.

No, it isn't.
The sister-in-law agreed with Heffernan that the safety related posts should not have been deleted. (see posts 33 & 35)
But hey, it's your show right?
May your days be filled with vanilla and your nightly dreams resonate kumbaya.

texan

I just saw this and prayed with my heart and being for his miraculous recovery.
May it be so by your Grace and Love.

working up a sweat

I was the OP of this thread. I posted it to spread the information and my sincere concern for Randy(I posted hoping the driver was OK 3 minutes after posting news link). I work in the same Local 671. I respect all the posts hoping for his complete recovery, especially from his family to keep us informed of his condition. I hope soon we might get some info on where to send cards and letters of encouragement to Randy. Remember, we are a brotherhood and sisterhood of the hardest working people around. We have common bind. UPSERS always try help each other.

curiousbrain

I was the OP of this thread. I posted it to spread the information and my sincere concern for Randy(I posted hoping the driver was OK 3 minutes after posting news link). I work in the same Local 671. I respect all the posts hoping for his complete recovery, especially from his family to keep us informed of his condition. I hope soon we might get some info on where to send cards and letters of encouragement to Randy. Remember, we are a brotherhood and sisterhood of the hardest working people around. We have common bind. UPSERS always try help each other.

I'm not far from this incident.

As soon as might be permissible, I'll visit this fellow, as well. Maroon shirt and all.

LisaC1969

Good morning Brown Cafe...
Update:
Randy is still in ICU in the hospital. He has gone through the first of two (or more) surgeries for multiple leg injuries. He is surrounded by all who love and care for him. I have passed on all the messages of support of his "brown brotherhood" and he is thankful to hear how much concern and support there is out there for him.
Please keep him in your prayers for the journey he has ahead. I will keep the thread updated as information becomes available.
Please drivers - stay safe out there.
God Bless
Lisa Collins

Johney

Thanks for the update Lisa, we all wish him the best in the next few days/months ahead(surgeries). I know right now that all his families minds are on him and his recovery which is the best, but someone should at this point start looking for counsel for him(he is going to need it unfortunately)that's just the way it is. It does sound like he will have a long recovery(P/T, Dr's ,etc.) and UPS may only cover his bennies for 1 year(at least here that's it) so this will have to be addressed by someone because I have a feeling his recovery time due to the extent of his injuries will take longer than that.Again thank you for keeping us all updated so many times we never know what happens.
God Bless
Johney

brownedout

May God Bless our brother Randy and his family during these tough times. Grant him/them the strength and vision to get through this. Family,friends, prayers and even good thoughts are all very powerful at times like this, so may you have an excess of all.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Remember, we are a brotherhood and sisterhood of the hardest working people around. We have common bind [bond]. UPSERS always try help each other.

Steve

12:36 am on Friday, July 20, 2012

Harvey,
I'm a UPS driver out of Hartford. Randy is a great guy and one of the nicest people I know. My wife beat me to the punch and suggested we make some meals for his family and maybe babysit with our two girls if Randy's wife needs to get to the hospital. We would be very happy to help as I'm sure would the other drivers. We are available tomorrow and Saturday for starters if he needs us. We'll be in touch.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Harvey Collins

10:54 am on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

For everyone looking for an update. Randy is progressing slowly and will take a very long time. I'm getting ready to go up to CT and there will be no further updates. Thank You everyone and please keep him in your prayers.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I've lost many friends over the years to auto accidents. I hope Randy makes a full recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Belatedly, I would like to send Randy my wishes for a swift recovery.
I'm sorry for thinking of others in your time of need.