Serious question about casual

I am a causal driver I started back up this year June 1st other casuals started the 15th. I worked today the 2nd. I was told I'm working till the 15th of sept. Do they owe me a job!?

I've worked everyday scheduled Tuesday through Saturday got called in on Mondays worked then took a day off random during week I am a solid needed casual!! Serious question can I get

llamainmypocket

No. They don't owe you a job. If you're very lucky they'll ask you to stay, maybe as a supervisor, but it sucks.

Best to become a part timer and get in line like the rest of us.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Does your Local have an agreement for casual/ utility/ seasonal? Might want to check. It might not be in the Contract you have.

Nine5

I am a causal driver I started back up this year June 1st other casuals started the 15th. I worked today the 2nd. I was told I'm working till the 15th of sept. Do they owe me a job!?
If you work after the 15th they owe you a job basically if you work at all during casual "layoff period" your in, at least that's how it is here in the north east.

barnyard

KTM rider
and it is not necessarily 'your' job. If you work past the free period UPS has to follow the 6/1 agreement in the contract. If an off the street hire is not due, they have to add a FT job that is open to bid from PT seniority list.

watdaflock?

Serious question can I get

photo_400080_thumb.jpg