Seriously for any Plant Engineering Mechanics

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

Any PE mechanics come to this site?

A mechanic brought a concern to me and I would like to discuss this concern in private with any mechanics that might be willing.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes, they do as I have spoken to one privately before when they were building the "village" in our parking lot. Who that is on this board might contact you but it's hard to take what you say seriously so I'd advise against it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpg

FilingBluesFL

Dang, a few people were just mentioning on here how they were missing your posts!

Glad to see you wandered on by per their requests!

Dr.Brownz

Plant engineering repaved our 2 spots for customer parking (currently none for employees) and gave us a concrete barrier for our smoking area,

Z

ZQXC

You lost your serious rating a long time ago.

Please don't reply; it's almost like a prolonged death......

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Fair enough----how many Teamsters would it take to change one light bulb?

(I have a feeling it would be a lot more)
Two, one to do the work, one to explain to management on how to do it correctly the first time so they don't attempt to just push the bulb in instead of turning it, hoping it stays because it's "faster".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Two, one to do the work, one to explain to management on how to do it correctly the first time so they don't attempt to just push the bulb in instead of turning it, hoping it stays because it's "faster".

You ever see a state highway crew on the job? 5 guys standing around watching 1 guy digging a hole. That's what it would look like if you asked a Teamster to change a light bulb on the clock.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No, those are sups standing around trying to invent new ways to dig a hole.
The are most certainly employees. It's pretty amazing really.

I have watched 3 of the hardest workers I know become 3 of the laziest pieces of :censored2: within a year of taking government jobs.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

How many PT sups does it take to change one light bulb?
Too many
None, that's bargaining unit work.
Little different in a small building. I'm not going to call IE, which for us is 400 miles away, to change a lightbulb that creates a safety hazard. The guy who would normally change it was off for the night as well. Safety is important to me.
I have watched 3 of the hardest workers I know become 3 of the laziest pieces of :censored2: within a year of taking government jobs.
Yep. My cousin got a job with the water department and he sends me snapchats all the time from the job site. I think there are more appliances inside their work trucks than there are tools.