Seriously, how hard would it be Atlanta?

• Thread starter selfcancelsignal
  • Start date
S

selfcancelsignal

We have an R to alert us of any signature required packages we have in our DIAD's. We have a $ for COD's. How about a W for heavyweight packages, a Z for hazmats, & a V for high values?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
What you don't like shuffling through 230 boxes trying to find one only to realize three minutes later it's the irreg on the floor? Makes too much sense for them to do something like that...

Chnandler Bong

The high value one is a pet peeve of mine. Why wouldn't our software automatically revert to a "signature required" status once a dollar threshold is met?!?! I hate getting that message to go back and get a signature after the fact when it is completely avoidable!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The high value one is a pet peeve of mine. Why wouldn't our software automatically revert to a "signature required" status once a dollar threshold is met?!?! I hate getting that message to go back and get a signature after the fact when it is completely avoidable!

Go back? We are told before we leave the building. Even where it is in the truck. I don't go back. EVER

S

selfcancelsignal

It is dumb that some of the high values used to sneak through the system as DRable. Now we have a clerk at our center who has the responsibility of finding all of these during the sort & tagging them with an updated signature required/high value sticker. They're actually PALed HV-... now at our center. Most now pop up in the DIAD as signature required, but some still don't. Guess I've never been messaged or had to go back & get a signature.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It's such an archaic way to pay for something.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

selfcancelsignal

It's such an archaic way to pay for something.
I think the reason it's such a run around is the receivers' have no idea it's a COD or why. It's usually because they're bad at paying their bills on time & the shippers want their $ NOW! The runaround is ridic. & so are the DIAD procedures with these. I always seem to waste time getting in & out of repetitive screens. It'd definitely be a plus if they'd simplify it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have an R to alert us of any signature required packages we have in our DIAD's. We have a $ for COD's. How about a W for heavyweight packages, a Z for hazmats, & a V for high values?
What's heavyweights matter?

Hazmats are pretty obvious and you should know of any high values before you leave the building...

9.5 everyday

Or putting driver follow ups in with your edd since they consider it a "piece". God forbid you forget to do your driver follow up.

9.5 everyday

Not to mention everything that's over 70 lbs ships with 69 on their label anyway. Half the irregs would never show up in the delivery screen.

Dr.Brownz

Not to mention everything that's over 70 lbs ships with 69 on their label anyway. Half the irregs would never show up in the delivery screen.

Once I sheeted a package as non del over 130 (label said 147lbs)

The next day it wad back In the truck with a new label "129lbs" lol

Still didnt deliver it

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What you don't like shuffling through 230 boxes trying to find one only to realize three minutes later it's the irreg on the floor? Makes too much sense for them to do something like that...

I guess you step over the irreg all day before looking at the address, successful drivers develop the one look habit and check the irregs so they know what the address is. If you don't have the memory put a DR notice on it with address on it. How hard is that driver?

I guess you step over the irreg all day before looking at the address, successful drivers develop the one look habit and check the irregs so they know what the address is. If you don't have the memory put a DR notice on it with address on it. How hard is that driver?
It would really be nice if they designed the trucks to handle irregulars...and not wait till the end of the shift to jam them down the middle... They need to update their numbers... And practice what they preach.

How safe is it to keep moving overweights?

Put them where they belong and quit worrying about PPH

It's a big friend* joke

Safety my left nut

542thruNthru

Or putting driver follow ups in with your edd since they consider it a "piece". God forbid you forget to do your driver follow up.

I haven't done a follow up in over 6 years. Only way I go back is if I hide it behind something and they didn't realize it and even than I don't knock unless it's there.

Tired of dealing with the headache. They want me to DR everything so they can deal with it. Yes I know it's at drivers discretion.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
th_popcorncat.gif