Service Takes A Holiday

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Today we once again delivered air in trace.
While yesterday there was some snow, and a lot of snow to the west and north, today was nothing but bitter cold.
At 8:45am, when I got to my package car, all 9 of my air stops were already loaded.
Instead of delivering these air on time, or at least first, we were held in the building for an hour and a half and told to deliver in trace and to use weather as an excuse for missed commitments.
This was done in order to process 3 trailers of ground packages?
What an empty guarantee we offer now a days.

bumped

We didn't get our ground trailers. We went out with 7 hour days and a late air meet. We're going to get pounded tomorrow.

Mack Grant

Had a similar situation to this during peak where my dock didn't leave the hub till 11 a.m! I then proceeded to deliver all 21 of my NDA on trace.
We use "X" for other, as we've been given a PCM that using weather, delayed by security or traffic delay is "strictly forbidden". My opinion is, they do this so they can cook the numbers!
I never complain about NDA stops because there is a dispatch sup whose responsibility it is to pay attention to this sort of thing. We have 22.3s who work preload and then drive air. If I'm on a split car and I have 6 air stops 15 miles away and I don't leave building until 09:59 I don't worry about it!
Drive truck, collect check!

Rainman

Its all good.
We can only hope that upper management will so something to see that this doesn't happen again. There is absolutely no sense on something like this happening. We got held today, but they were processing air. Still, it pisses me off that we have to deliberately have late air when other options are available. What happened to "the only thing we have to sell is service?"

C

chuchu

Had a similar situation to this during peak where my dock didn't leave the hub till 11 a.m! I then proceeded to deliver all 21 of my NDA on trace.
We use "X" for other, as we've been given a PCM that using weather, delayed by security or traffic delay is "strictly forbidden". My opinion is, they do this so they can cook the numbers!
I never complain about NDA stops because there is a dispatch sup whose responsibility it is to pay attention to this sort of thing. We have 22.3s who work preload and then drive air. If I'm on a split car and I have 6 air stops 15 miles away and I don't leave building until 09:59 I don't worry about it!
Drive truck, collect check!
Don't forget to turn in those sales leads.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
While yesterday there was some snow, and a lot of snow to the west and north, today was nothing but bitter cold.
At 8:45am, when I got to my package car, all 9 of my air stops were already loaded.
Instead of delivering these air on time, or at least first, we were held in the building for an hour and a half and told to deliver in trace and to use weather as an excuse for missed commitments.
I bet those ground package consignees are satisfied.

C

chuchu

Actually, that happened in our center in recent years while the District and Division Mgrs were on location and a driver called the ethics hot line to report this falsification.

That was the last time they directed us to play that game. 17i and 17f should swing both directions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually, that happened in our center in recent years while the District and Division Mgrs were on location and a driver called the ethics hot line to report this falsification.

That was the last time they directed us to play that game. 17i and 17f should swing both directions.
District Managers are so out of touch!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I bet those ground package consignees are satisfied.

I doubt that was a consideration in the decision, as we were once again given free gratis to use emergency conditions for any unattempted stops, in conjunction with an abbreviated lineup due to us "being light" today.

I figure the customers in the last three trailers; as a whole, were no more satisfied than the days other ground package customers, but certainly more satisfied than our "premium" customers.

C

chuchu

District Managers are so out of touch!
He got his mind right after LP and HR probably had a little bonding time with he and his boss.

There is a statement we used to hear spoken by good management often: "Right is right every day".

Used to.

Mack Grant

Don't forget to turn in those sales leads.
Gonna have to try that when fromI'm 350 clicks over one day.

Sup: "What happened?!"
Myself:"I was working my sales leads."

My center manager angrily met me on the dock one morning as I was about to leave and told me, and I quote, "you %#*^#* screwed me up the @ss yesterday running 13 stops an hour!" and I wish I would have thought to use the words "sales leads".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I doubt that was a consideration in the decision, as we were once again given free gratis to use emergency conditions for any unattempted stops, in conjunction with an abbreviated lineup due to us "being light" today.

I figure the customers in the last three trailers; as a whole, were no more satisfied than the other ground package customers, but certainly more satisfied than our "premium" customers.
But if those three trailers had been held until the next day, they would have been very unhappy today.

C

chuchu

Gonna have to try that when fromI'm 350 clicks over one day.

Sup: "What happened?!"
Myself:"I was working my sales leads."

My center manager angrily met me on the dock one morning as I was about to leave and told me, and I quote, "you %#*^#* screwed me up the @ss yesterday running 13 stops an hour!" and I wish I would have thought to use the words "sales leads".
Oh yeah! Good.
Next time put it uunder "Driver marketing" in your other work.

And be sure to turn in at least one lead or they get a llittle testy. :)

C

chuchu

Hence the term "service level" and "guarantee".
Who PAID to most be happiest?
It's not only wrong but it creates a climate of dishonesty from the top down.
Can't wait for a driver to be pulled into the office for some blatant falsification. Make my day.

It will get better nice effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!