Servicing the Holding Tank

oreana123

I found out Friday that the local facility that services my 'Bus uses non-antifreeze treated fluids when draining the holding tank. Their strategy is to drain the holding tank on Saturday, then filling the toilet on Monday prior to departure, thus avoiding a solidly frozen toilet. This is a violation of UPS Ground Operations Manual policy which states that between winter months the fluid used for this will have a mix of anti-freeze.

I can envision a lot of potential problems with this technique, foremost of which is the rendering inoperative of an aircraft system by a non-certificated person, with no MTX logbook entry. I could see where residual fluids in the recirculating system could freeze, rupture hoses and cause expensive damage to the toilet, as well as the avionics equipment located below.:sick:

I am going to be the bad guy for a while until this gets straightened out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

david-and-goliath-sumos2.jpg

oreana123

I don't get the relevance to either picture. This action is being taken by a sub-contractor. UPS is paying for the correct fluid. I can understand your ignorance of the finer points of the legal problem here. But why would you want to flood this post with pictures?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't get the relevance to either picture. This action is being taken by a sub-contractor. UPS is paying for the correct fluid. I can understand your ignorance of the finer points of the legal problem here. But why would you want to flood this post with pictures?

You seem to want to reinvent the wheel. Just do the job the way that you were trained to do and let UPS worry about the $$$.

oreana123

If you think I am re inventing the wheel, why don't you just say so? It makes no sense, but just say it! If you had any kind of sense about the legalities of my position as an AMT, you would be able to appreciate how wrong it is for a subcontactor to disable any system on an aircraft. But instead, you make remarks about a situation you know nothing about. Hello, not-an-airline-employee, go ahead and exercise your right to make a fool of yourself.

Also, the truly happy people I have met are economically independent. You may know people who are poor and stupidly blissful- but is that happy? Brings to mind a drug induced state......