Sex Discrimination? I want a hot babe delivering my package

Why is it every driver I've ever had has been a guy? I sure would like to see some hot busty babes picking up my packages, instead of these all male dorks that UPS seems to hire.

Are there any HOT UPS female drivers?

i also see a lack of black drivers. I don't know how they get away with it

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I am always surprised when customers say they've never seen a female driver. There are a few of us. I represent my company well and my husband thinks I'm hot, so I don't care what the customer thinks.
I would guess our building approaches 50/50 black/white, with very few from other races. I'm in the southeast. Is the percentage comparable to that of your location?
Thanks for your interest.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I seen most of the black drivers often fail test and / or crash as recently as they start. Female drivers, I seen a few, most get hurt or cant handle the work. This often leads UPS to be really bias who they put in leadership positions. They cant keep them around, then put them in a non productive part of the company. I've seen women soups become fulltime soups within a couple of months.

Often, these people have no leadership qualities to speak of. Good job UPS, lets take the worst employees, promote them to take leadership over others (whom already know what their doing) and then let them tell us how to do our jobs they failed miserably at before. Two thumbs up UPS!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I seen most of the black drivers often fail test and / or crash as recently as they start. Female drivers, I seen a few, most get hurt or cant handle the work. This often leads UPS to be really bias who they put in leadership positions. They cant keep them around, then put them in a non productive part of the company. I've seen women soups become fulltime soups within a couple of months.

Often, these people have no leadership qualities to speak of. Good job UPS, lets take the worst employees, promote them to take leadership over others (whom already know what their doing) and them them how to do their jobs they failed miserably at before. Two thumbs up UPS!

Boo for the chauvanism in any post, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I think accidents in my area are pretty evenly distributed.

I have seen many inept male mngmt as well. This speaks more to the policy of promoting lemmings so the power stays at the top.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Boo for the chauvanism in any post, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I think accidents in my area are pretty evenly distributed.

I have seen many inept male mngmt as well. This speaks more to the policy of promoting lemmings so the power stays at the top.

Its what i've seen here. Im all for anyone who wants to drive. I could careless about driving, I'd rather go full time inbuilding.

We probably have 6 fulltime women drivers. One of which I dont see anymore because of health problems.

Back in the day UPS used to be a racist company, I bet most of you didnt know that. One of the reason why you see more white male drivers because most where around during that policy.

Often, these people have no leadership qualities to speak of. Good job UPS, lets take the worst employees, promote them to take leadership over others (whom already know what their doing) and then let them tell us how to do our jobs they failed miserably at before. Two thumbs up UPS!

Wow an honest person! I just think UPS should have to put up with the crap every other company must put up with. I would love to see them hound a black driver the way they do white drivers on my route. They would be calling the NAACP comlaining about UPS being SLAVE DRIVERSI know I called UPS to pay our bill once. I asked if i could use a credit card. They said no, then they said some people pay by credit card. So I was getting two different answers. Then one person said "It depends on who you are". I thought for a moment, then thought, I'll use the race card. I then said "ohh so the reason I can't use my credit card is because im Black?" LOL, they immediately let us put our UPS bill on a credit card to collect bonus points! hahaTaking the worst employees and promoting them to top, thats the Affirmative Action way, and the reason the country is going to hell!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Equal opportunity employment is what its all about nowadays. UPS gets a tax break for all those considered under certain requirements of the government. Equal isnt so equal by some definitions.

upsgrunt

Its what i've seen here. Im all for anyone who wants to drive. I could careless about driving, I'd rather go full time inbuilding.

We probably have 6 fulltime women drivers. One of which I dont see anymore because of health problems.

Back in the day UPS used to be a racist company, I bet most of you didnt know that. One of the reason why you see more white male drivers because most where around during that policy.

Do you have proof of this, or is it a deal where you heard it through the grapevine?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have four women driver's. 2 have been injured for years yet still on the seniority list. One runs a horse ranch. Go figure. All of our other drivers are white dorks.

Another good point. I guess Atlanta or GA gives big tax breaks for hiring minorities?

A friend of mine owned a coffee company, and retired. A few years later, the Fed Gov contacted him and offered him the following
a) A free building
b) Free equipment
c) Some spending money, on a low interest loan, all he had to do was pay interest for 2 years, then the loan would be wiped clean,

If he would start a coffee company in atlanta, and hire 70% blacks.

This guy had a net worth of about 20 million in the early 70's

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Do you have proof of this, or is it a deal where you heard it through the grapevine?

I've heard that the sign outside that says UPS " a wonderful work place for minorities" Used to say UPS "no coloreds". I dont want to say what it really said. This is back in time of segregation was still deep in the south. This coming from a driver for UPS over 30 years.

As for me, I couldnt careless about whos driving, as long as I can get two days off on the weekends.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Another good point. I guess Atlanta or GA gives big tax breaks for hiring minorities?

A friend of mine owned a coffee company, and retired. A few years later, the Fed Gov contacted him and offered him the following
a) A free building
b) Free equipment
c) Some spending money, on a low interest loan, all he had to do was pay interest for 2 years, then the loan would be wiped clean,

If he would start a coffee company in atlanta, and hire 70% blacks.

This guy had a net worth of about 20 million in the early 70's

Something along that line, its all about the % of workers in the building.

Minorities dont just fall under people of color (race), its a much much LARGER scale then that.
One, people of color (race).
Two, Women.
Three, age (above the age of 35)
Fourth, people in college.
Fifth, those with disabilities.
Sixith, income.

There might be more then that. Pretty much everyone is a minority other then white males under the age of 35. I know, shocking!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
We have four women driver's. 2 have been injured for years yet still on the seniority list. One runs a horse ranch. Go figure. All of our other drivers are white dorks.

One women driver I've seen in my first year (now on my thrid) got injured that year and hasnt been back since. Same here, majority is white drivers in a huge age spectrum.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've got plenty of female, black, and hispanic drivers in my building and by and large they all seem to do a decent job. The laziest slobs I see tend to be fat white boys in their 20's and 30's who, whenever they screw up and get in trouble, start squealing about how they never get a break because they're not female/black/hispanic....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know I called UPS to pay our bill once. I asked if i could use a credit card. They said no, then they said some people pay by credit card. So I was getting two different answers. Then one person said "It depends on who you are". I thought for a moment, then thought, I'll use the race card. I then said "ohh so the reason I can't use my credit card is because im Black?" LOL, they immediately let us put our UPS bill on a credit card to collect bonus points!

Obviously making this up ... this never happened

dillweed

Originally Posted by ORLY!?!

One of our black drivers told me that, when he started many years ago, he was asked by business customers to use the back door rather than the front for deliveries. White drivers could use the front. I know this man and he's no bser.

I am always surprised when customers say they've never seen a female driver. There are a few of us. I represent my company well and my husband thinks I'm hot, so I don't care what the customer thinks.

As Teamsters we stick together so please post some pics so we can support you in your claims.