SFA must be close...

DontThrowPackages

Heard there's serious consideration of cancelling the SFA for this year. Has any one hear likewise? They have to be thinking whats the point? The believers, by now, out number the Koolaid drinkers and the only thing coming out of it will be hurt feelings and more animosity towards Management, The Heads and frontliners. Really don't be surprise if SFA day passes and not a word of it is spoken.

MAKAVELI

Heard there's serious consideration of cancelling the SFA for this year. Has any one hear likewise? They have to be thinking whats the point? The believers, by now, out number the Koolaid drinkers and the only thing coming out of it will be hurt feelings and more animosity towards Management, The Heads and frontliners. Really don't be surprise if SFA day passes and not a word of it is spoken.
I think that would be a win for us. I for one never believed from the day I started that the sfa was anonymous or produced any positive results. It's just lip service and to identify the malcontents.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I haven't heard the rumor but it certainly could happen, especially if a lot of people aren't taking it at all. If they were to cancel it, be assured that they would spin-it so it was being "revamped", "had outlived it's usefulness" etc. They would never come straight out and tell everyone that the majority of employees think FedEx sucks and would like to take a contract out on upper management.

hypo hanna

I haven't heard the rumor but it certainly could happen, especially if a lot of people aren't taking it at all. If they were to cancel it, be assured that they would spin-it so it was being "revamped", "had outlived it's usefulness" etc. They would never come straight out and tell everyone that the majority of employees think FedEx sucks and would like to take a contract out on upper management.

Anything but the truth.

Back in the early days of the company it was a useful tool. Useful only because they took the results seriously. After it went online from paper and we lost anonymity I still took it because it still had some effect on local station issues. After a time even that went away since local managers had less and less control over their own operations. It lost credibility because they would not address the issues raised in any meaningful way.

!Retired!

There has been a corresponding rise in employees who will no longer take the weenie.
We had a cookout the other day. I wasn't about to run back to the building for just a burger.
With the DRA fiasco in most of our loops, I can guarantee the numbers would be the lowest they've ever been.

jmeti000

We havent seen any food, but in a meeting with the senior recently he had a PP presentation and on one of the slides it said "Recognition for going above and beyond: Lots of food". There were a couple of other menial things as well, but this was the first on the list. I couldnt help but laugh.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We havent seen any food, but in a meeting with the senior recently he had a PP presentation and on one of the slides it said "Recognition for going above and beyond: Lots of food". There were a couple of other menial things as well, but this was the first on the list. I couldnt help but laugh.

The whole thing really is laughable. In their minds, nothing has changed as far as methods of "motivating" us go.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Our managers walk around in a constant daze anymore, like they woke up in bizarro world.

They know they are going to get dinged big time and they can't do or say anything to change that.

I think they would actually be happy if we got a union.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our managers walk around in a constant daze anymore, like they woke up in bizarro world.

They know they are going to get dinged big time and they can't do or say anything to change that.

Yesterday was perhaps the worst day ever at our station. DRA has it effed-up beyond recognition, creating too many routes for the number of people available. And, since it is infallible and straight from God, it cannot be altered or tampered with in any way. That meant utter and total chaos.

It's like watching a ship sink and having management cut holes in the side to let more water in.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yesterday was perhaps the worst day ever at our station. DRA has it effed-up beyond recognition, creating too many routes for the number of people available. And, since it is infallible and straight from God, it cannot be altered or tampered with in any way. That meant utter and total chaos.

It's like watching a ship sink and having management cut holes in the side to let more water in.

Memphis told them that making it lighter would make it float better...especially when the holes are cut below the water line.

Ricochet1a

You hit the nail on the head.

Most managers who have working brains, realized back in 2009, that getting the Couriers to organize would've improved THEIR lot.

Since Courier pay would've risen, so would theirs (not by virtue of collective bargaining, but Fred would've had to up their pay to keep and attract people into lower lever management).

Then by default, with increasing pay, people with talent would've stayed instead of leaving for employment outside of Express - or going to Memphis to get out of operations and as far away from packages as possible.

Their pension would've improved. The DBPP wouldn't have been brought back, but the percentage 'contributed' into the fund held by Express would've jumped to most likely match what the organized Couriers were getting - again, to attract and maintain people in lower level management.

Their health insurance would've improved. In all probability, Express would've made whatever health plan that was offered to the Couriers, available to all salaried employees. If there is one lesson to be learned in all of this, Express DOESN'T want to piss off the salaried workforce, they are in a position to REALLY screw things up if Fred tries to pull a fast one on them.

So yes, the individuals in lower level management with functioning brains (and quite a few salaried individuals in Memphis) WANTED the Couriers to organize, to put an end to the downward slide of Express that has been going on - especially since late 2008.

However....

They all gave up on that in 2011 when they realized that the Couriers would in all probability, NEVER organize; thus the run to the exits going on right now with the buyouts.

One can look at it, as what happens on a sinking ship. When one sees the 'rats' coming up from below decks and jumping into the water - it's a good indicator that something has gone horribly wrong and maybe its time to head to the lifeboat oneself.

And STILL, the fear among the Couriers outweighs their disgust with Fred and they choose to do nothing...

ManInBrown

We had a station meeting a few weeks ago. In that meeting our SM stated that "SFA was around the corner" and "I fully expect very good participation and good scores to be given as in recent past SFA's." Delusion at it's finest. As I've mentioned on here before I unfortunately do not see the disenchantment with the company at my station that some of you have seen. Is it boiling underneath the surface and people just aren't talking about it or is it just not there? I have no idea. As I have also stated I work in a station where the majority are topped out. Lots of 18-28 year employees. Could also play a factor.

overflowed

I asked a manager a while back what's the big October surprise. She said I hope we go union.

Doc Sorting Dude

Nothing irks the managers more than a rating down the middle. I do that every year, my mgr is always the lowest rated mgr in our station and his actions toward his group always warrant that. In the 17 years I've worked here he is the 12th different manager we've had. Everyone has said "Get used to me, I'm not going anywhere" and they always do.