Shady UPS

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Appreciate you. I got 1 foot into early retirement but I wanna make some noise on my way out for the years of bullying tactics I have enured.
Ahhhhhhhhhh

The truth comes out.

You went your whole life being a schmuck and one day decided to let your little baby nuts out.

See your type all the time.

Carry on schmuck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I do understand overgoods but when half the packages coming out of the truck I can get a viable tracking # and send it on its way, that's when I get annoyed.

Why?
It’s ups game so it’s ups rules
I’ll tell you a secret
The sooner you lose the “I care so much” attitude you’re life will immediately become easier and less stressful
Hard for some folks to wrap their heads around this

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was wondering if you knew something shady UPS did, what would you do with it?

Our overgoods, label correction area is constantly piled up and looks terrible because the lady there cannot keep it up. UPS learned that a higher up manager was making a visit so they loaded all the overgoods in a trailer to hide it and make themselves look better.

A MONTH later they decided to start working on it. I found things that were a month late that simply needed some tape on them. It disgusts me as someone who works on that stuff and takes some pride in getting their people their :censored2:.

I think if I reported this a few managers would get fired but I'd also put a target on my back. What do you guys think? 26 year veteran and I just get sick of the tactics this company resorts to.
What are you hoping to accomplish?

I think it is a worthy cause but I’d like to know what you want to happen before I render an opinion.

Thanks

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Our overgoods, label correction area is constantly piled up and looks terrible because the lady there cannot keep it up. UPS learned that a higher up manager was making a visit so they loaded all the overgoods in a trailer to hide it and make themselves look better.

A MONTH later they decided to start working on it. I found things that were a month late that simply needed some tape on them. It disgusts me as someone who works on that stuff and takes some pride in getting their people their :censored2:.

I think if I reported this a few managers would get fired but I'd also put a target on my back. What do you guys think? 26 year veteran and I just get sick of the tactics this company resorts to.
26 year veteran and this is news to you?

It took me about 6 months to learn how dishonest this company is.

If I were you just forget it, retire when you can and laugh all the way to the bank....

Sixth Punch Sense

lf

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The claims don't come in awfully fast when the customers themselves forget even what they ordered.
I could probably rule overgoods with an iron fist and the company would be better off for it. But as far as I see it. We inspect our stuff and pay a good share of claims out, Amazon does nothing at all and pays a huge assmountain full of claims back. Managers hiding overgoods in a trailer is probably because they are worried about external audit fines. Life will go on, not a whole lot of high value items, just glass metal and plastic and a whole lot of "technically not a spill" situations.

There is a lot of money on the line in audits. nothing could be wrong but they will still sweep everything under the mattress. Usually it's a little bit of both.

Last edited:

UPSER1987

That's why I came here to get some opinions because I wanted to call the hotline and stir a hornets nest but I know they could possibly figure out who it was based on the limited people who capable of doing overgoods and such...
It feels like you just want to cause trouble rather than do the right thing. Someone must have taken your tape gun from you.

Its_a_me

It feels like you just want to cause trouble rather than do the right thing. Someone must have taken your tape gun from you.

Preloaders steal everything that isn't nailed down. It's like rule #3 behind managers shouldn't be doing union jobs and the world will keep spinning with or without you.

That is why I like to leave half filled "mountain dew" bottles in the car. Gives them pause or at least the older ones that know better pause.