Shall I stay or shall I go

dejr

Well folks.. I need some serious advice. I finished my first week as a pre-loader and it was nothing like I had thought or even watched on the ups website training vids. I was stuck loading amazon for 5 straight days...My "trainer" was a complete waist of skin and air...he mumbled mostly and everyday reminded me that i need to get up to 200 packages an hour..during my second week or they were gonna have to let me go. On 3 separate occasions during the 15 to 20 min end of shift review I had to endure with this "trainer".. he told me that based on what he has observed ...he doesnt think i have what it takes..and should seriously think about rather or not i want to "put myself
through this...

That was the last thing i heard out of his mumbling ignorant mouth this past friday!..What an encouraging way to end my first week. The ironic thing is i was keeping up with the kid working beside me in the Amazon trailer...and he is 30 years my junior...
Anyway to make a long story even longer ..I pondered the words of of this idiot over the weekend and based on the fact that I was absolutely exhausted every morning when my shift was over.... and that i absolutely hated the back breaking never ending amazon hell hole loading and building walls etc... I gave up and decided to quit.

So Sunday night(monday morning 2am call time) came and went without me and i called My H R rep that hired me at 830 monday morning and t9old her thank you for the opportunity etc.. but 10 years of 200 packages and hour required bull:censored2: wasn't what i signed up for and that i was going to resign.

This was the message i left her as i only was able to get her voicemail.
Well.. she returned my call last evening and I explained to her in detail just how i felt and how i came to the conclusion that I did.

She listened .. and then preceded to tell me how she had explained how physically demanding the job was etc...and I told her that i had no problem with it being physically demanding ...my problem was with it being physically absurd and that the other 2 guys i was hired with ...were actually pre loading the driver trucks..working on the sort belt etc...everything the description of a pre loader as i understood it... and i got stuck loading some friend...kin amazon 52 foot hell hole...

Anyway .. to make a long story absolutely boring... my HR rep wants me to come back tonight and friday night to finish out the week so she can try and find a replacement...She also informed me that if i went through with my termination i could not do driver helper this xmas because my status would be neg rehire because i didn't finish the probation period .....please give me ur thoughts and concerns.... thanks

dejr

btw.. I failed to mention I have a B.A in business admin..and have 20 plus years as a Customer Service/Sales mgr.. I applied for this job to get me foot in the door..

upschuck

btw.. I failed to mention I have a B.A in business admin..and have 20 plus years as a Customer Service/Sales mgr.. I applied for this job to get me foot in the door..
Sounds like you just slammed that door on your foot. A lot of hourlies working at UPS have degrees. I have a B.S.