Shattiest Package To Deliver

Shattiest packages to deliver

• Walmart Boxes (usually dog food but any box counts)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sams Club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trampoline

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Generator

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Mattress

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

JJinVA

Some companies ship there boxes with tape that has no adhesive properties and are an absolute pleasure to pick up in the trailer for unload only to have the contents spill out everywhere.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
50 lb box of curry spice for the local towelhead restaurant

you can smell that :censored2: when you walk in the building in the morning. by the time I would deliver it that’s all you can smell

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
50 lb box of curry spice for the local towelhead restaurant

you can smell that :censored2: when you walk in the building in the morning. by the time I would deliver it that’s all you can smell
Covered a route for a guy who was on vacation 2 weeks ago. Some bug place ordered like 10 things of pesticide and that :censored2: was strong. swear to god is smelled like root beer though

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

images

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Trampolines are worse than mattresses, IMO.
Because you've got not just one, but two boxes, often.

And the pipes are almost always spilling out, because they choose to use cardboard that is too thin, knowing UPS will just patch it up when it breaks.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Mini Grand Piano that got past our freight system and no union help because it wasn't labeled properly and boss said it's close to 70lbs. The elderly lady needed it in her living room that was up her porch stairs and I told her we're not allowed to go in her house & even if I could I can't lift this alone. She said her son will be home in 30-minutes. I said I will leave it right here in your patio because I can't wait 30. She said, ok, but you come back. I said sorry, I only have 5-stops left and my day is done. So I left & she called in a complaint. Boss made me go back the next day and help her son drag it in her living room.

Worse repetitive package for me was Live Crickets in the summer. Trucks get POW Prisoner Box hot and crickets would go mad and :censored2: & piss to a suffering death and your package area would be covered in cricket dustings/feces. The smell was rough enough but I am convinced inhaling that 'insect dust' over the years caused terrible breathing problems to this day I deal with along with other dust and airborne particles from packages.

So you drivers/loaders out there working the distance long-term at UPS keep that in mind. I know a lot of retirees from UPS with lung issues. CPAP machines etc... of course it also relates to life style too. Stress, obesity, smoking/chew, genetics but after this virus is gone. It wouldn't hurt to always carry a N95 mask in your package car to sort or for those long dusty roads.

Last edited:

JJinVA

We had a small safe come through the other day that was clearly labeled "220lbs", though I thought our weight limit was 150. Not really sure how that ended up on the belts but I damn sure saw it going down to a delivery truck... I felt bad for whoever had to deliver that.

Ive been getting slaughtered by irregs since last week. Today I had a 12 hour day because I had to run them out of trace to get them out of the way. What is it with these idiots ordering furniture during a pandemic? I got 208 stops on a 100 mile route and 35 of them are irregs that take up that entire walkway, and needed to be shuttled out in two loads to me today by air drivers... and of course theres no where to park now so I gotta hump it or fight the handcart out of the mountain on heavy a______s irregs...