Sheeted wrong reason.

Badger66

I’m a new driver just finished my packet. I just got back from my shift tonight and realized I may have made a big mistake. There is an apartment complex I deliver to that uses a locker system. I was not able to fit all the packages in these lockers do to higher volume from peak season. Usually when this happens I take them to the office and release them there because they have asked me not to deliver them to the doors of the apartments. I go to the office around 2:30 and have found they closed early for holiday reasons. So I sheeted them as closed. There was one package I could not find that I found later at the end of my route so I went back to see if there was more space in the lockers (there wasn’t) so I sheeted it as closed (this is after 5:30) I talked to another driver and he told me I should have sheeted them as NI1. How big of a deal is this?? I plan on talking to my supervisor first thing in the morning about this. Thanks in advance.

Ghost in the Darkness

Closed is for commercial, not in will ask if Resi or Com.
Its not the end of the world, you will prbly just be spoken to about it.. then again its peak maybe they won't even care. Depends on which way the wind is blowing.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I’m a new driver just finished my packet. I just got back from my shift tonight and realized I may have made a big mistake. There is an apartment complex I deliver to that uses a locker system. I was not able to fit all the packages in these lockers do to higher volume from peak season. Usually when this happens I take them to the office and release them there because they have asked me not to deliver them to the doors of the apartments. I go to the office around 2:30 and have found they closed early for holiday reasons. So I sheeted them as closed. There was one package I could not find that I found later at the end of my route so I went back to see if there was more space in the lockers (there wasn’t) so I sheeted it as closed (this is after 5:30) I talked to another driver and he told me I should have sheeted them as NI1. How big of a deal is this?? I plan on talking to my supervisor first thing in the morning about this. Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised you were able to punch out before the OMS got the alert that you sheeted it after 5. Usually they will tell you to void it and sheet it anything else. Not a big deal

scooby0048

Do you think I should even bring this up to a supervisor in the morning then?
It won't hurt. It's really not that big of a deal other than sheeting closed after 5 affecting the manager. They might have already re-sheeted it as NI1 for you.

I'm just surprised they let you get away before they could have you resheet it. The 12-1300 closed and after 5 alert the the OMS's pretty quickly.

You will be fine, don't sweat the small.

Air Recovery

It won't hurt. It's really not that big of a deal other than sheeting closed after 5 affecting the manager. They might have already re-sheeted it as NI1 for you.

I'm just surprised they let you get away before they could have you resheet it. The 12-1300 closed and after 5 alert the the OMS's pretty quickly.

You will be fine, don't sweat the small.

Ahaha my center on the daily sends out "DO NOT SHEET PACKAGES AS NOT IN FROM 1200 TO 1300"

Which means some drivers in our 250+ driver hub are still :censored2:ing doing it

scooby0048

This. Sheeting anything as closed before 5 makes our center flip out
Before 5? They are happy to have us lie to call a missed a closed as long as its before 5.

Ahaha my center on the daily sends out "DO NOT SHEET PACKAGES AS NOT IN FROM 1200 TO 1300"

Which means some drivers in our 250+ driver hub are still :censored2:ing doing it

Just like we are not supposed to sheet future for only one day. We have multiple people who sheet businesses as future if they get there 12-1300 so they don't have to return.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Chances are, they wont even notice.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
PEAK = nothing

AFTER-PEAK = SUSPENSION

BlackCat

I am not certain he did anything wrong.

If a package were addressed to the leasing office, it would be considered a commercial stop.

If the arrangement at this apt complex is for EVERYTHING to go the leasing office with no attempt to the residents door, I would argue that its a commercial stop.

NI1 is being suggested to stay off the radar.

Indecisi0n

I am not certain he did anything wrong.

If a package were addressed to the leasing office, it would be considered a commercial stop.

If the arrangement at this apt complex is for EVERYTHING to go the leasing office with no attempt to the residents door, I would argue that its a commercial stop.

NI1 is being suggested to stay off the radar.
Wrong. Try again wookie .

OKLABob

Before 5? They are happy to have us lie to call a missed a closed as long as its before 5.

Just like we are not supposed to sheet future for only one day. We have multiple people who sheet businesses as future if they get there 12-1300 so they don't have to return.
Now that will get you fired.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

That 12-1 thing is archaic and stupid.