Sheeting as EC instead of Missed

Haviug issues in our center that drivers are being instructed to sheet packages as EC even though they are very deliverable. This is so the drivers can get their NDA packages back to center or to go help other drivers get their air in. In my opinion its wrong to sheet as EC when our customers go out of their way to make sure we can make it down their drives. Sheeting as missed seems more appropriate. We had a foot of snow early last week but most roads and drives have been cleaned up. Thoughts?

jaker

trolling
Haviug issues in our center that drivers are being instructed to sheet packages as EC even though they are very deliverable. This is so the drivers can get their NDA packages back to center or to go help other drivers get their air in. In my opinion its wrong to sheet as EC when our customers go out of their way to make sure we can make it down their drives. Sheeting as missed seems more appropriate. We had a foot of snow early last week but most roads and drives have been cleaned up. Thoughts?
Not your problem , work as directed and move on

Correct its not problem, but one of the EC pkgs was a NDA that contained a passport a customer was waiting on. House is on a clear, paved road thats twenty steps from the road. Embarassing the sups are using weather as a condition to not have to work more drivers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not your problem , work as directed and move on
Falsifying records is a little different than work as directed.

The company is not taking full advantage of the hours avalible to work. These packages should be missed. Contact the ethics hotline.

jaker

trolling

The company is not taking full advantage of the hours avalible to work. These packages should be missed. Contact the ethics hotline.
True but which one would you pick to fight for your job , working as directed or falsifying records (aka dishonesty )

Indecisi0n

Correct its not problem, but one of the EC pkgs was a NDA that contained a passport a customer was waiting on. House is on a clear, paved road thats twenty steps from the road. Embarassing the sups are using weather as a condition to not have to work more drivers.
Like said above, work as directed but make notes and advise steward.

UPSGUY72

The Sup / center manager sending the message to sheet these package as EC are working as directed they are getting there direction from Atlanta. The ORS or center manager isn't making the decision to to sheet packages as EC instead of missed.

Brownslave688

True but which one would you pick to fight for your job , working as directed or falsifying records (aka dishonesty )
That's why I said contact the ethics hotline. Work as directed and then report them.

Also has nothing to do with getting air back or pick ups back. They know we are screwed Thursday Friday. They are makin sure we have max avalible hours for these two days.

Brownslave688

The Sup / center manager sending the message to sheet these package as EC are working as directed they are getting there direction from Atlanta. The ORS or center manager isn't making the decision to to sheet packages as EC instead of missed.
And?

I don't think it's Atlanta I would guess DM. Atlanta was closed today right? ;)

some1else

Banned
Ive always had this problem. The packages 3-4 days after a storm are not delivered; not becuase the roads are inaccessable but becuase lf horrible overdispatch. I wouldnt be able to deliver them all on a 85* degree summer day weather has nothing to do with it. First time in 12 years my new center manager agreed and said sheet the ones EC that you couldnt get to due to weather, and sheet missed the ones that you didnt get to due to overdispatch. Thats how it should always be done. A customer on a dry road that spent an hour shoveling his sidewalk and driveway should not have his packages marked EC so ups dosnt have to give him a refund becuase they dont have enough drivers

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As much as I don't like it, the fudging has been going on forever. I remember 25 or so years ago a DM congratulating our Center because of how few missed we had. Back then you just tossed a misload in your pickup pieces. No one had a clue. No bar codes.

Junkguy

That's been going on forever. It's also dishonest and I always recorded the truth. If your sup. goes out on a complaint (concern) he will take pics of a clear street and fire you for dishonesty. We just strapped on chains and worked until we ran out of time and missed the rest.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is an old issue that UPS will just not correct. The problem is, from the on road to the center manager to the division manager, they are ALL in the same mess.

REPORTS!

MISSED packages draw the most heat. The last thing any of the above want to appear on is a MISSED report. Instead, they get creative. They know the IE department and the regionals dont have the first clue what to look at other than the HOT buttons at the moment.

Managers and supervisiors have coded packages that should have been recorded as missed as anything from NOT READY 1, to EC, to FUTURE, to Bad address to the newest and most hidden code "label torn off/missing label".

The last one is the best, because it doesnt carry a charge for a new label (even though it doenst need one) and it's hidden from the DM and regional levels.

Every package everyday is the crap they spew in the morning, yet in the PM, its all about hiding the service failed packages.

In my center, we had the center manager and on road supervisor dead to rights doing just this. EVERY NIGHT, they would have the missed packages recorded by the OMS as "torn label/missing label". Our drivers were instructed NOT to record them and simply bring then into the office and stack them by the OMS.

Customers then started complaining about missing packages and then, after they tracked them, they saw the coding and then took a good look at the package and they had the original labels on them without a speck of damage or a replacement label.

We documented the packages and presented them to the DM. NOT A THING was done about it other than the DM "TOLD" the center team not to record them as such.

NO discipline, NO terminations, NO suspensions.

Business as usual. All that happened, was the center team now found another code to use to hide them.

UPS is the most ridiculous operation when it comes to missing or missed packages. Nobody really gives a hoot unless someone gets caught. Other than that, if a center manager can keep a DM off the missed list, then the DM looks the other way.

TOS.

cino321

The managers get told on a district level how to instruct drivers to sheet packages. Follow instructions. Don't worry you won't get fired for falsifying when every driver in your center is sheeting packages the same way you are.

With ECD the packages stay in your EDD for the next day, missed does not.

Indecisi0n

The managers get told on a district level how to instruct drivers to sheet packages. Follow instructions. Don't worry you won't get fired for falsifying when every driver in your center is sheeting packages the same way you are.

With ECD the packages stay in your EDD for the next day, missed does not.

False.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess my sheeting an EAM early to avoid the late pales in comparison.

Our center is the opposite----we have to call for "permission" before using EC and any undelivered packages are missed.