shift transfer issue

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So after i finaly talked to my BA. my senoritiy is changed to the transfer date. for bidding on all jobs except full time positions this should apply to utah idaho and montana sucks. I did complain that it would be nice when someone asks a steward how to transfer they would tell them they loss some senority rights or make a transfer form you sign agreeing to the condition. not just allowing someone to transfer unaware of this. least that can be done after all we do pay dues

...or perhaps you could take it upon yourself to make sure you know everything involved with a transfer and then decide if a transfer is right for you rather than have someone do all of the leg work for you and then complain because it wasn't what you expected.

bac1981

well i did go to a steward and asked how to transfer shifts i also mentioned if i would lose senority he said no all 6 stewards i talked to after the transfer and this issue came up told me the same thing most peeps posted on this form no you don't lose senority for just transfering shifts till the BA confirmed you do i work two jobs and have three kids im not goin to have time to research and know the contract as good as a BA. plus i do pay $8.00 a week for union dues that why i think the least they could do is have some way to let someone who isn't a union contract guru be aware of any kind of loss of senoritiy cause it means alot in the company like i said just a form you sign saying you will lose senority by taking these actions.

washington57

well i did go to a steward and asked how to transfer shifts i also mentioned if i would lose senority he said no all 6 stewards i talked to after the transfer and this issue came up told me the same thing most peeps posted on this form no you don't lose senority for just transfering shifts till the BA confirmed you do i work two jobs and have three kids im not goin to have time to research and know the contract as good as a BA. plus i do pay $8.00 a week for union dues that why i think the least they could do is have some way to let someone who isn't a union contract guru be aware of any kind of loss of senoritiy cause it means alot in the company like i said just a form you sign saying you will lose senority by taking these actions.

it still sounds wrong to me...losing seniority from transferring shifts same building...could there be a wait time before you are dovetailed in?