Shifter rates and shift options

MemberY

Hello fellow upsers. New to the job and have been told by Hr that they are in need of shifters. I was told it’s the same pay rate as the package handlers which is $10.35. Is this region specific I’m assuming? Also what different shifts are usually available? Also, I am looking to go into a FT feeder driver position sobwould the shifter position help me get there any quicker? Say over a package handler with the same seniority?

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hello fellow upsers. New to the job and have been told by Hr that they are in need of shifters. I was told it’s the same pay rate as the package handlers which is $10.35. Is this region specific I’m assuming? Also what different shifts are usually available?

It's going to be Region, Local, and even building specific.

You should contact the Local Union involved.

ManInBrown

Seniority Seniority Seniority

There’s no shortcut to get somewhere quicker, other than someone with more seniority not being able to pass the CDL test to acquire license.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello fellow upsers. New to the job and have been told by Hr that they are in need of shifters. I was told it’s the same pay rate as the package handlers which is $10.35. Is this region specific I’m assuming? Also what different shifts are usually available? Also, I am looking to go into a FT feeder driver position sobwould the shifter position help me get there any quicker? Say over a package handler with the same seniority?
$65/hr here. 9am to 5pm.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My son worked in the hub for several years, and got a chance to bid on a shifter job. At least where I was, shifters work around the clock. He absolutely loved the change. Work outside (could be a pro or a con), didn't have a PT supe breathing down his neck all the time. It may not make you become a feeder driver faster, but after a while, you will be a backing mother. At the very least, you will impress everyone at the boat ramp.

CoolStoryBro

Yes sir I understand that. That’s why I said with the same seniority as me.

No one has the same seniority as you. Even if someone was hired on the exact day as you they have ways to determine who is higher in seniority for a bid. Such as who reported first to work on the first day. Or who applied for the job first.

barnyard

KTM rider
Also, I am looking to go into a FT feeder driver position sobwould the shifter position help me get there any quicker? Say over a package handler with the same seniority?

It does not matter how many different ways and in how many different places you post, the answer is the same: jobs are won by seniority. Learn it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You know the Hr that told you they were in need of shifters

These would be good questions to ask that person

SMH!!

MemberY

You know the Hr that told you they were in need of shifters

These would be good questions to ask that person

SMH!!
I sure will when I go in for my next shift!!! But figured some fellow employees who aren’t so stuck on themselves like yourself would be glad to chime in if they happen to know before I get back to the hub. I appreciate the time you wasted typing such a lame response though!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A690EEA5-46B1-4BCA-BF0D-A06ACF56CC82.gif
I sure will when I go in for my next shift!!! But figured some fellow employees who aren’t so stuck on themselves like yourself would be glad to chime in if they happen to know before I get back to the hub. I appreciate the time you wasted typing such a lame response though!

CoolStoryBro

Lame begets lame.