Shoes

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We've had plenty of threads about shoes with lots of opinions. I'm specifically wondering if any drivers have tried Skechers work sneakers and your experience with them.

I've tried several types of work shoes and so far Skechers work shoes have done the best for me, but even those only lasted 2 months and I needed gel work insoles to make them comfortable.

I'm tired of buying shoes every other month and tired of buying insoles every 3 weeks. Being on new driver pay I don't have the money to drop a couple bills on shoes.

Anyone tried these? I just ordered them on Amazon for only $45 and I didn't have to pay tax or shipping.

Amazon.com: Skechers for Work Men's Keystone Sneaker: Shoes

76690_BLK.jpg

over9five

Staff member
We've had plenty of threads about shoes with lots of opinions. I'm specifically wondering if any drivers have tried Skechers work sneakers and your experience with them.

I've tried several types of work shoes and so far Skechers work shoes have done the best for me, but even those only lasted 2 months and I needed gel work insoles to make them comfortable.

I'm tired of buying shoes every other month and tired of buying insoles every 3 weeks. Being on new driver pay I don't have the money to drop a couple bills on shoes.

Anyone tried these? I just ordered them on Amazon for only $45 and I didn't have to pay tax or shipping.

Amazon.com: Skechers for Work Men's Keystone Sneaker: Shoes

76690_BLK.jpg

I've worn the Skechers Sport (which looks exactly like that one) for several summers now.
​I like them, but they do get ratty looking by the end of Summer....

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

The price is right, but zooming in on the picture with that magnifying glass tool on that web site it looks like they're glued rather than stitched. Any shoe I've tried like that has come apart after a few weeks. You've never had a problem with the glue coming undone?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The price is right, but zooming in on the picture with that magnifying glass tool on that web site it looks like they're glued rather than stitched. Any shoe I've tried like that has come apart after a few weeks. You've never had a problem with the glue coming undone?

You should be able to find them online for $39.99. Yes, parts of the shoe are glued, not stitched, which is why I only get 1 year out of them rather than 2. I can justity paying $40 for a pair of shoes that I wear 5 days a week for 5-6 months and can write off on my taxes.

I looked at the Sketchers (sp?) and thought they looked cheap.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You should be able to find them online for $39.99. Yes, parts of the shoe are glued, not stitched, which is why I only get 1 year out of them rather than 2. I can justity paying $40 for a pair of shoes that I wear 5 days a week for 5-6 months and can write off on my taxes.

I looked at the Sketchers (sp?) and thought they looked cheap.

I agree about the price being good for that period of time. The Skechers do look a little cheap ($45 is pretty cheap) but they appear to be stitched so I have my fingers crossed.

over9five

Staff member

​They always separate in exactly the same spot...

Thanks, out of curiosity, what do you wear in the winters?
Timberland Pro 6" boots

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This pair of Skechers work shoe was only 2 months old and look at the wear. The soles were slip resistant. I'm wondering if I'm walking wrong to have the weird wear or if it's just from the repetitive motions we do getting in & out of the truck, etc.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Nike ACGs.....feel like I am walking on silk...Had em about two months now; need to polish them, but holding up otherwise. Sole is holding up pretty well; dries quickly. Main gripe is don't have very good slip protection. If they last through October, however, I'll just buy another winter boot for that.

Recommendation came from a previous shoe thread on BC...glad I followed it...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Nike ACGs.....feel like I am walking on silk...Had em about two months now; need to polish them, but holding up otherwise. Sole is holding up pretty well; dries quickly. Main gripe is don't have very good slip protection. If they last through October, however, I'll just buy another winter boot for that.

Recommendation came from a previous shoe thread on BC...glad I followed it...

I did a search and it came up with dozens of types of ACGs. Do you have a link?

S

serenity now

I've worn the Skechers Sport (which looks exactly like that one) for several summers now.
​I like them, but they do get ratty looking by the end of Summer....

can't score with the ladies if your kicks are ratty * do you lace them? :wink2:

S

serenity now

This pair of Skechers work shoe was only 2 months old and look at the wear. The soles were slip resistant. I'm wondering if I'm walking wrong to have the weird wear or if it's just from the repetitive motions we do getting in & out of the truck, etc.

you're walking wrong, dude

you should walk like this:

Gay Walk - YouTube

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Professional mechanics pay top dollar for quality tools like Snap On because they earn a living with those tools and a cheap tool that breaks is not a bargain.

We earn our living on our feet, so going cheap on footwear isnt a bargain either--at least not if you plan on making a career here.

The demands of our job are such that you really do get what you pay for when it comes to footwear. I will blow out a cheap pair of shoes or boots in a matter of weeks, and my feet and knees and back will also pay the price. Instead, I invest $250 in a pair of Danner boots and budget to have them resoled/reconditioned once a year for about $120.

There are lots of things that you can get away with cutting corners on, but footwear isnt one of them when you get in and out of a package car 200 times a day handling many thousands of pounds. Do your body a favor and invest in quality footwear-your body will thank you in the long run.