Shootings in Kennesaw GA

CJinx

If someone is drunk or under the influence while on the job, they're potentially a danger to themselves and others and it needs to be addressed regardless of how you feel about 'telling on people'.

FUFred

It is not your job to challenge anyone, question anyone, or protect FedEx. Watch out for yourselves and your co-workers as best you can.

About 4 years ago this "challenge anyone" was brought up by the washed out police academy, want to be police office, FedEx security guy. I think I got that right.

One courier who always questioned management asked a simple question.

Am I to “challenge” a person who is crazy by all definitions, has many guns and wants to kill me? How about that person?

The washout FedEx security guy said, “come on guys, I’m talking about real situations here, that is far-fetched and will never happen.”

CJinx

Someone walks in and starts shooting the place up? Yeah, I'm leaving. I suggest you do so as well. Let washout security guy go challenge the active shooter.

hypo hanna

About 4 years ago this "challenge anyone" was brought up by the washed out police academy, want to be police office, FedEx security guy. I think I got that right.

One courier who always questioned management asked a simple question.

Am I to “challenge” a person who is crazy by all definitions, has many guns and wants to kill me? How about that person?

The washout FedEx security guy said, “come on guys, I’m talking about real situations here, that is far-fetched and will never happen.”
Uh, isn't its security's job to anticipate and be prepared for any threat? I can see why this guy washed out at the police academy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The only time security shows up at our station is when someone is being canned, something happened to a high value package, or a complaint from a customer.

Yes. If HR and security are there it's definitely a termination. Our guy is worthless with a capital W.

DontThrowPackages

The guy was a nutcase ... he was just looking for an excuse to do something like this.
Not always the case. Some people are so loyal and take pride in their job and the life they get from it that losing it over something they feel is unjust could set that type of personality off where has had he never lost is job in the first place, he would've probably died at 89 yrs of old age never doing anything so crazy. Reminds me of that cop in Los Angeles. Seeing how the cops shot over 100 rounds into a truck driven by to older Latinas and none of those cops lost their jobs, we now can see the Big black cop was probably telling the truth. He flipped. But he flipped out in the name of his own name and honor.
I've heard of people saying they could never kill in self defense only to kill to shoot and kill to save their children. Maybe anyone is capable if pushed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The only time security shows up at our station is when someone is being canned, something happened to a high value package, or a complaint from a customer.

Our security guy (a former state police officer, now a felon and registered sex offender) is at our building a lot looking for drug packages. He is ignored by many.