Shop steward

T

Turdferguson

Ours is done by election each year. Person gets nominated and seconded by another member. Then there is an election

Off topic here but in my building they posted a job saying it was a part time cover feeder driver and no one signed it but 2 people and they have been there maybe 6 months now the job had turned into a full time job and my boss and union rep is saying nothing can be done any thoughts??

No where on the bid sheet did it say anything about full time or anything like that we have guys been working preload 8 plus years that would have signed it if it said full time can they do this ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Off topic here but in my building they posted a job saying it was a part time cover feeder driver and no one signed it but 2 people and they have been there maybe 6 months now the job had turned into a full time job and my boss and union rep is saying nothing can be done any thoughts??
No where on the bid sheet did it say anything about full time or anything like that we have guys been working preload 8 plus years that would have signed it if it said full time can they do this ?

This is why you sign each and every bid sheet for which you qualify.

Your BA and supervisor are right---there is nothing can be done after the fact.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If it "turned into" a full time job, it might be possible to grieve it based on the fact it's now a new job. If it's a full time job because it's a combo job, like 1/2 clerk and 1/2 feeder, it might qualify for 22.3
I will add tho, that once the cats outta the bag, it's not easy to get it back. The union would have to prove that UPS knew it was going to be full time all along and hid the fact, or that this is really no longer fits the bid description. My 2¢.

street walking cheetah

If it "turned into" a full time job, it might be possible to grieve it based on the fact it's now a new job. If it's a full time job because it's a combo job, like 1/2 clerk and 1/2 feeder, it might qualify for 22.3
I will add tho, that once the cats outta the bag, it's not easy to get it back. The union would have to prove that UPS knew it was going to be full time all along and hid the fact, or that this is really no longer fits the bid description. My 2¢.
Depends on the language in your supplement.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Well how do you get your name to be nominated?

In a meeting (for local union slates of officers) this requires a member in good standing to be present and to formally nominate the candidate.

Typically, this is done in writing for a steward election.

Every local handles steward elections differently. We have elections every three years here after nominations. Nearly all locals allow the BA and/or Principal Officer to appoint stewards/alternate stewards.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
In a meeting (for local union slates of officers) this requires a member in good standing to be present and to formally nominate the candidate.

Typically, this is done in writing for a steward election.

Every local handles steward elections differently. We have elections every three years here after nominations. Nearly all locals allow the BA and/or Principal Officer to appoint stewards/alternate stewards.
Thank you!