Shopaholics

stepitup

The unfortunate thing about being a considerate driver and letting the QVC ladies return/refuse unwanted items is that you unknowingly become an enabler. The shopping addiction is simply reinforced when the return process is so convenient. I had a QVC/HSN customer that wanted to return an unreasonable amount of packages. I gave her a dozen ASD forms to fill out, did the first one for her (used the QVC shipper number) and told her I would pick them up the next day with her delivery. Apparently the packages to be returned became more appealing than filling out the ASD forms.

On another note....what is the correct way to handle a surepost QVC package that the customer wants to refuse after it has been delivered. Does the mail carrier pick it up and we simply reverse the order of delivery or can we pick the package up to avoid all the post office drama?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't accept any pkgs unless there is a call tag or RS label supplied.
If the customer insists,fill out a manual waybill with the shippers account #
and check off the collect square.These folks have to learn that everything costs money.

This is poor advice. As long as the package has not been opened we are to accept them from the customer and RTS. The one good thing about the PAL is that we can check the date when the package was put out for delivery. I have no problem accepting refusals within 2 weeks of delivery---anything beyond that is pushing it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On another note....what is the correct way to handle a surepost QVC package that the customer wants to refuse after it has been delivered. Does the mail carrier pick it up and we simply reverse the order of delivery or can we pick the package up to avoid all the post office drama?

The package should really go back to the Post Office to be processed as a DDU return but if a consignee hands a Surepost package to you take it and let your clerk process it as a refusal.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't accept any pkgs unless there is a call tag or RS label supplied.
If the customer insists,fill out a manual waybill with the shippers account #
and check off the collect square.These folks have to learn that everything costs money.

The unfortunate thing about being a considerate driver and letting the QVC ladies return/refuse unwanted items is that you unknowingly become an enabler. The shopping addiction is simply reinforced when the return process is so convenient. I had a QVC/HSN customer that wanted to return an unreasonable amount of packages. I gave her a dozen ASD forms to fill out, did the first one for her (used the QVC shipper number) and told her I would pick them up the next day with her delivery. Apparently the packages to be returned became more appealing than filling out the ASD forms.

If it is a driver released package, the customer has the right to refuse it and send it back
Let their family worry about their spending habits, you worry about deliveries

I was sent to a house by dispatch to pick up a RTS'd surepost package. If it has a UPS barcode on it, then UPS will send it back

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
As far as I'm concerned
When UPS is paid for shipping the package, UPS accepts that it can be shipped, attempted 3 times, held for the customer for 7 (?) days, and RTS'd back

I know it isn't policy to RTS a package that is given back to us, but I will do it only if it's not opened and was driver released in the past week
Why beat around the bush and make the customer call the center and ask for the RTS. We would get the message anyways to pick up regardless.
Customers can't call the centers anymore to have us come pick up pkgs to be RTS'd. The customers have to call the CSC to schedule a pick up. With that said, if one of my customers have a pkg that needs to be RTS'd all they have to do is wait for me to make a delivery or they can certainly chase me down on rte (had that happen many times). I will gladly pick up any pkgs they might have. I have several QVC queens and the same applies to them. However, if I had a QVC queen that did what the OP's did, I would take the unopened pkgs and make it very clear that it would not happen a 2nd time. I do not have the time to scan and service cross 30 or 40 pkgs to be RTS'd. There is no reason for this kind of behavior, it's pure and simple laziness on the customers part.