Shoplifting Becoming More and More Commonplace

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In my area shoplifting is becoming more and more brazen. People walking out of stores with armfuls of clothing , shoes, groceries and law enforcement tells store owners not to do anything about it.

The cashier at my local grocery says it happens all day long. People just walking out with stuff and they were told not to confront them.

Word is getting around and soon this will become an epidemic.

Sign that our society is staring to break down.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
"Don't confront them. Just raise the prices for the people that DO pay...."

Cheaper then having a lawsuit if your employee happens to hurt one of them.

Or you have them arrested and they are back on the street the following day looking for you for a payback.

Welcome to the “new normal”...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It started before this with the simplest most innocuous things. Littering , jaywalking , not stopping for stop signs, and slowly rises from these simple things.

Barney Fife was right 'NIP IT ! NIP IT IN THE BUD!!"

Society is surrendering .

I predict home invasions won't go as smooth as shoplifting does. At least not where I live. bang bang -you're dead. Shoplifters / looters should also be shot on sight.
Then the media twists it that you weren't actually defending your home but the invaders were actually peacefully looking for asylum. The FBI gets unleashed on you then you get made an example out of, then soon after the hot civil war starts. Am I crazy?

Then the media twists it that you weren't actually defending your home but the invaders were actually peacefully looking for asylum. The FBI gets unleashed on you then you get made an example out of, then soon after the hot civil war starts. Am I crazy?
Tons of people have already been made an example of or are being made an example of. Including your president trump.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I know of a place that decades ago had an issue with people robbing cars in their parking lot.
They didn't need the cops to solve it, they did it themselves.
They "hired" some rather mean men to kick the living heck out of anyone who tried anything.
It worked.

Time to bring back the Brute Squads.

It started before this with the simplest most innocuous things. Littering , jaywalking , not stopping for stop signs, and slowly rises from these simple things.

Barney Fife was right 'NIP IT ! NIP IT IN THE BUD!!"

Society is surrendering .
Just like pedophilia slowly rises out of accepting homosexuality. Society is indeed surrendering. They just wanted to be able to get married right? Now your kids are transgender. We reap what we sow.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I know of a place that decades ago had an issue with people robbing cars in their parking lot.
They didn't need the cops to solve it, they did it themselves.
They "hired" some rather mean men to kick the living heck out of anyone who tried anything.
It worked.

Time to bring back the Brute Squads.
Nowadays they would be sued into bankruptcy.

I had a big argument with cops years ago when my 16 year old son was manhandled by a manager at a local supermarket for dropping and breaking a bottle of soda.

The cops wouldnt do anything about it so i told the patrolman that I would take care of it myself. When I got home a sargent called me and said i could not take the law into my own hands.

I told him i would take care of it if they wouldnt. They came to my house and I was almost arrested. So I'm the bad guy even though the store manager battered my son.

Awhile later after waiting for a time I took care care of it "my way".

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm old enough not to care about ANY of that.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I had a big argument with cops years ago when my 16 year old son was manhandled by a manager at a local supermarket for dropping and breaking a bottle of soda.

The cops wouldnt do anything about it so i told the patrolman that I would take care of it myself. When I got home a sargent called me and said i could not take the law into my own hands.

I told him i would take care of it if they wouldnt. They came to my house and I was almost arrested. So I'm the bad guy even though the store manager battered my son.

When I mentioned "hired" it meant under the table work.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

FEbtHQnXEAYXaB0.jpeg

Even if this story is true it's dumb for anyone to take the law into their own hands.