short term disability and vacation/sick days

UnderPaidSucka

Since mid November I have been out on short term disability. I went back to the doctor today and he said I needed a few more weeks. Which will keep me on short term disability until the end of January.
Being that it is a new year. Will managment burn all my days and vacation time during the first few weeks on January? I spoke to my union business manager and president of my local and they said no. They cant unless I request to be paid out.
Which doesn't make sense, wouldn't that be double dipping?

The union president has been wrong before with anther issue I had.
Just looking for some input.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Legally, the short-term disability (STD) provisions requires using any available vacation and sick days before beginning STD.
The new year is an interesting twist.
Hopefully someone who has experienced this same scenario will be able to help you.

UnderPaidSucka

Im on STD right now, and have been since November. Just called HR and they approved my extension until the end of January
Been getting the 300.00 checks for 4 weeks. and will until the end of Jan

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are confusing short-term disability (STD)....

With the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).

-Bug-
I thought of that and also it may be different for Teamsters than UPS management.
What I stated is true for UPS management (as of 2011).
It may even differ by Local! :knockedout:

PS - That is also why I included the qualification:
"Hopefully someone who has experienced this same scenario will be able to help you"

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...-and-vacation-sick-days.354198/#ixzz2onUgGo21