Short Term Disability Payment

wilberforce15

Where on earth does the check come from?

I got approved by The Hartford for Short Term Disability early Jan to Feb. No problem. Claim number. Official letters. Official approval. All that.

Hartford says call the union about payment because it's union-administered. The union says call UPS HR about payment. The Benefits Resource center says they aren't UPS at all. They give me a new UPS HR number.

The new UPS HR number tells me to call The Hartford.

I've talked to 4 organizations. My leave was approved with all documentaton.

I have not received a check. Nor have I spoken to someone who speaks English in any meaningful form.

Help me.

They wonder why morale is low.

trickpony1

Go to your favorite internet search engine and type:
(your state) Insurance Commission.

It may also be shown as "website" "Board" or other names.
Use that little wheel thingy on your mouse to scroll up/down until you find a site that says "file a compliant".

Hope this helps.

wilberforce15

Go to your favorite internet search engine and type:
(your state) Insurance Commission.

It may also be shown as "website" "Board" or other names.
Use that little wheel thingy on your mouse to scroll up/down until you find a site that says "file a compliant".

Hope this helps.
And then all 4 institutions point at the other 3 and say "oh, you'll have to talk to them."

trickpony1

And then all 4 institutions point at the other 3 and say "oh, you'll have to talk to them."
Without trying my suggestion, you've defeated yourself.
I had an issue when I was on LTD. I contacted my state insurance commission. The issue was resolved zippity-do-da.
I'm guessing your state insurance dept will address The Hartford directly.

But then you haven't even tried.

Hope this helps.

wilberforce15

Without trying my suggestion, you've defeated yourself.
I had an issue when I was on LTD. I contacted my state insurance commission. The issue was resolved zippity-do-da.
I'm guessing your state insurance dept will address The Hartford directly.

But then you haven't even tried.

Hope this helps.
I've filed an ethics complaint on the UPS concern hotline for nonpayment, and the state insurance commission.

i've done both.

I just have no faith in it.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Short term disability is a benefit that the union offers here
The Hartford...are you going on FMLA while collecting?
I got some workmans comp last year and it was all smooth as silk for me, but I had to go on fmla concurrently, which slowed the process of getting that first check down
I’m assuming you’ll be in line for a nice chunk of back pay when you do finally collect

wilberforce15

Short term disability is a benefit that the union offers here
The Hartford...are you going on FMLA while collecting?
I got some workmans comp last year and it was all smooth as silk for me, but I had to go on fmla concurrently, which slowed the process of getting that first check down
I’m assuming you’ll be in line for a nice chunk of back pay when you do finally collect
No, it was strictly Short Term Disability for an off-the-job injury.

No workman's comp. I was required to send doctor's notes and stuff to the Hartford and they're listed as approving the STD. It has an STD case number, approval letter, and all that with The Hartford.

wilberforce15

I'm fine because I don't need this money at all.

But that's not the point.

A whole lot of people would've been evicted or lost their cars for not being paid for this long.

No, it was strictly Short Term Disability for an off-the-job injury.

No workman's comp. I was required to send doctor's notes and stuff to the Hartford and they're listed as approving the STD. It has an STD case number, approval letter, and all that with The Hartford.
Yeah the std is a different animal. With workmans comp UPS pays premiums to these companies and your adjuster basically just pushes a button to access the funds.
Sounds like you could be jumping through hoops like a circus seal for a while. Don’t give up brother

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They're completely ignorant.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

File a grievance

Then, follow it up with a certified letter (and documentation) asking for an explanation.

I'm fine because I don't need this money at all.

But that's not the point.

A whole lot of people would've been evicted or lost their cars for not being paid for this long.

That's a valid issue, you should ask @ the next Local membership meeting.

Fishing on the internet.... is a waste of time and only placates lazy people. (if they get the answer they want)

You have been around long enough, too know what to do.

-Bug-

wilberforce15

Maybe, but I doubt it.

File a grievance

Then, follow it up with a certified letter (and documentation) asking for an explanation.

That's a valid issue, you should ask @ the next Local membership meeting.

Fishing on the internet.... is a waste of time and only placates lazy people. (if they get the answer they want)

You have been around long enough, too know what to do.

-Bug-
You've been around long enough, and you don't know what to do. Every single official UPS source sends me to a different number. The stewards are useless, because stewards don't handle disability claims.

Grievances haven't been heard since the chinavirus excuse got popular. Certified letters would go to my local management who would simply tell me to call HR.

We're a hub, but we have no local HR guys at all. They've all been outsourced to an Indian call center.

There is NO resolution besides the ethics hotline and the state insurance commission. Which I've done.

Now, if any of you read the post, you'd note that it asks a question: who issues the checks?

Nobody seems to know. The Hartford says they don't issue it. The union says they don't know. And UPS says they don't know.

So spare me with the fake dad lecture.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You've been around long enough, and you don't know what to do.

Umm.... yes I do.

Here you must call and file with both Teamcare and The Hartford

Yep.

File with both TeamCare and Aetna. (depending on your area)

The stewards are useless
Grievances haven't been heard since the chinavirus excuse got popular.

BS

The Hartford says they don't issue it. The union says they don't know. And UPS says they don't know.

The only person that doesn't know, is you....

-Bug-

I’ve had many , they suck! the creams seem to help though.
🧔✊
BB391AAF-2425-498F-B844-C4B011F28C6B.jpeg

Be careful not to get it on your beard, brother