Short Term Disability

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by BigWork13, Oct 28, 2018.

1. BigWork13

BigWork13 Member

Anyone know if short term Disability has been eliminated. In open enrollment it only list long term Disability.

2. Oldfart

Oldfart Well-Known Member

FT employees get ST and LT insurance.

3. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescil Vulnere Virtus

I’m sure they would have told us about a major change like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. Star B

Star B White Lightening

Like they told us the deductibles went from 850 to 1250 this year on the old premier plans?

5. Operational needs

Is the info not in the packet? I haven’t looked at it yet.

6. Operational needs

I just asked my manager. He said if it’s been eliminated, no one has informed him. He’s always upfront.

7. Oldfart

Oldfart Well-Known Member

Did you not get a packet in the mail? All of the information is there. There is even more information online and you can easily get ahold of the insurance department on the phone. I have called them twice in the last week and got right thru. What you are confused about is they eliminated the old SELECT plan. That had the cheaper deductible with fewer choices for doctors. Last year you basically had 6 choices, this year some have 4 choices with Cigna and some only have 3.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  8. floridays

floridays Well-Known Member

How do you get deductibles that low? I was scratchin my nuts, but now I'm scratchin my head. The one on my neck.

9. TheJackal

TheJackal Well-Known Member

Neither short or long term disability is covered by health insurance. What you see in your choices is supplement to those 2.