Short term disability

JeremyM

I've been out on work comp since August of 2019 and I'm about to be cleared to return to work. The problem is I need my knee scoped and I dont qualify for fmla because I dont have enough hours worked. It's a different injury than the work comp injury. Can I just use short term disability? I only need 2 weeks off for the procedure.

JeremyM

Your mgt team must love you.

Was there any reason that you couldn't have had the knee scoped while you were "rehabbing"?
Yeah I'm sure they don't like me. I cant have the surgery done because of the virus. Its considered an elective surgery
Yuppers.

I'm still curious as to why he didn't get his knee scoped toward the end of his rehab.
I cant get it done because of the corona virus. its considered an elective surgery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good point.

So if you couldn't get it done then how are you going to get it done now with the virus still in full swing?

Can you work with the knee the way it is now?

Nah
Yeah I'm sure they don't like me. I cant have the surgery done because of the virus. Its considered an elective surgery

Fair enough. But how long have you known that you needed it? If you've known since January, someone's really going to unload on you for waiting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Found out last week I needed it

BS. You just told me that the surgery was cancelled because it was an elective procedure. You clearly planned on walking in to work and then walking right back out for another 2 week "vacation" while the rest of your co-workers were having their asses handed to them on a daily basis. I guess there is no "JeremyM" in "team".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't want to be sitting opposite my manager, that's for sure.

"Uh, yeah, I know I've been off since August and, yeah, I probably should have had the knee scoped at some point, but, I thought it would be better for all involved (aka me) to take an additional 2 weeks off even though we are busy as hell."

That's almost as bad as taking FMLA during Peak to bond with your "newborn" 11 month old baby.

Nah
"Uh, yeah, I know I've been off since August and, yeah, I probably should have had the knee scoped at some point, but, I thought it would be better for all involved (aka me) to take an additional 2 weeks off even though we are busy as hell."

That's almost as bad as taking FMLA during Peak to bond with your "newborn" 11 month old baby.

I don't like to assume the worst of people, but I think we all know that one guy who would conveniently get "injured" at the same time every year.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

You are really butthurt about that.
Get a grip.