Shortage of trainers?

Hired off the street for package driver job. Been to NSPT a couple of weeks ago, now waiting to start. I'm raring to go, but my center has no trainers available. Waiting for the center manager to call and give me a start date. Is this normal? HR has been no help with anything, seems to be a real disorganized...

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Must be a large hiring push in the Midwest. My supervisor has been on assignment down in Chicago for the past couple weeks helping to get the newbies through driver school.

UPSGUY72

Hired off the street for package driver job. Been to NSPT a couple of weeks ago, now waiting to start. I'm raring to go, but my center has no trainers available. Waiting for the center manager to call and give me a start date. Is this normal? HR has been no help with anything, seems to be a real disorganized...

Sent using BrownCafe App

The trainer you speak of are called ORS (On Road Sups)

In my area this is the year of the bids. Mean all FT driver (package and feeders and article 22.3) position go out to bid. When drivers bid different route they sometimes need to be trained on there new route if they never ran it before.. They will most likely train most of the driver that moved before you....

Also are you sure that you got hired as a FT driver and not a casual that fills in for driver on Vacation ????

jaker

trolling
Yes it is common because there is not to many on road sups that actually know how to drive or better yet teach someone else

BigBrown3605

The trainer you speak of are called ORS (On Road Sups)

In my area this is the year of the bids. Mean all FT driver (package and feeders and article 22.3) position go out to bid. When drivers bid different route they sometimes need to be trained on there new route if they never ran it before.. They will most likely train most of the driver that moved before you....

Also are you sure that you got hired as a FT driver and not a casual that fills in for driver on Vacation ????

Wow they actually do that....... In my center, you bid on a route you don't know, you will go out blind and learn on your own..........

Sent using BrownCafe App
It would be classic if your center manager trained you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
images1KT6IIRE.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App
YEAH THEIR TOO BUSY IN THE OFFICE PLAYING WITH THEIR PUDS PLAYING CIRCLE JERKS LOL.

Scuderia1

I'm an off the street full time driver fresh hire. My orientation got cancelled and I was called after 6 months.

Sent using BrownCafe App

gman042

Been around the block a few times
IN our center, a couple members of the safety committee happen to be cover drivers. In the name of SAFETY they are allowed to take new drivers out to train them on routes. They can do this until all safety hours for the month are used up.