Should Bush, Cheney and even Obama be Concerned?

island1fox

Seems the british are asking the serious question, "was Blair a war criminal?"

wkmac,
You make a good point when you mention Bush, Cheney and Obama.
I am sure there are dozens of other well known political names we could add to the mix ---two that come immediately to mind --Bill Clinton and the present Attorney General Holder.
While Obama cries about what happened under the Bush administration --some seem to forget the vigorous Rendition practices of the Clinton Administration and the then Assistant Attorney General Holder.
I say put none of them "on trial" --but if you want Bush and Cheney ---alot of others will follow !!

tieguy

Banned
wkmac,
I am sure there are dozens of other well known political names we could add to the mix ---two that come immediately to mind --Bill Clinton and the present Attorney General Holder.
While Obama cries about what happened under the Bush administration --some seem to forget the vigorous Rendition practices of the Clinton Administration and the then Assistant Attorney General Holder.
I say put none of them "on trial" --but if you want Bush and Cheney ---alot of others will follow !!

While we're on the subject I think we need an investigation to see what Obama cabinet official gave Abc news classified information when they revealed the CIA's secret interrogation facility in Lithuania.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
While we're on the subject I think we need an investigation to see what Obama cabinet official gave Abc news classified information when they revealed the CIA's secret interrogation facility in Lithuania.
If they find out who it was they should give them a medal.

wkmac

wkmac,

island,
I would also agree with Clinton because of his actions related to Bosnia and even Iraq. Seems like when needed because of some disclosure of some personal indiscretion, some foreigner in some foreign land was gonna die that night so political operatives could "wag the dog!"

It was so obvious even the so-called liberal Hollywood made a movie of it all!

[video=youtube;LpqUR3cwPrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpqUR3cwPrs[/video]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yep try the bush official that violates classified information but give the Obama official a medal. Oh the games we play:surprised:
Actually he was convicted of lying and obstruction, ie, not revealing information. If he had told the truth things would have been much more interesting. It's not the act of revealing classified information, per se, that bothers me. I view classified information in the interest of national security as a necessary evil that is far to open to abuse. Once the government grants itself the power to classify information, it has a tendency to start classifying everything that it doesn't want you (the taxpayer) to know about, very often for reasons that have nothing to with the justification. For instance, maintaining secret detention centers outside the US where detainees can be held forever without representation or trial. People who reveal that type of classified information are doing the right thing, in my judgment. For what it's worth I doubt the Obama administration had anything to with with revealing classified info. Since they took over Obama has been doing everything in his power to obstruct any sort of meaningful investigation into anything that might have occurred under the previous administration. Bush and Cheney's secrets will be safe if he has anything to say about it.

wkmac

Actually he was convicted of lying and obstruction, ie, not revealing information. If he had told the truth things would have been much more interesting. It's not the act of revealing classified information, per se, that bothers me. I view classified information in the interest of national security as a necessary evil that is far to open to abuse. Once the government grants itself the power to classify information, it has a tendency to start classifying everything that it doesn't want you (the taxpayer) to know about, very often for reasons that have nothing to with the justification. For instance, maintaining secret detention centers outside the US where detainees can be held forever without representation or trial. People who reveal that type of classified information are doing the right thing, in my judgment. For what it's worth I doubt the Obama administration had anything to with with revealing classified info. Since they took over Obama has been doing everything in his power to obstruct any sort of meaningful investigation into anything that might have occurred under the previous administration. Bush and Cheney's secrets will be safe if he has anything to say about it.

Very well put. One area where Obama has been a major disappointment and other than maybe Russ Feingold and a handful more democrats, the democrat party has in fact done everything it could stall and roadblock any and all efforts of uncovering the truth. Amazing for 8 years all we heard was the lawbreaking, wrongdoing and now the opportunity to prove it and the party of change and transparency takes a powder!

Hey Jones, a little pictorial humor I found pretty funny. Not sure why but something in this thread just brought these 2 images to mind and thought you might enjoy the laugh with me.
:wink2:

"I voted for Bush. Twice!"

http://mikeytherhino.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/maroon.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Actually he was convicted of lying and obstruction, ie, not revealing information. QUOTE]

silly me. And Here I thought I watched the liberals get on meet the press and cry about the revelation of classified information:surprised:
I've never watched meet the press so I can't comment on it. I do know that Scooter Libby was charged with and convicted of lying and obstruction. To my knowledge he was never charged with revealing classified information.

tieguy

Banned
I've never watched meet the press so I can't comment on it. I do know that Scooter Libby was charged with and convicted of lying and obstruction. To my knowledge he was never charged with revealing classified information.

you're giving me a terrific political answer here.
I realize there was a prosecuters decision to focus on charges of lying and obstruction.
I can accept that you do not watch meet the press though I am surprised.
But are you trying to tell me that you were not aware that the entire democratic party created a huge rucus over the revelation of classified information and that they tried to leverage that information to go after Chaney and Bush?

tieguy

Banned
Hey Jones something about this thread reminded me of this. Join me in a laugh.

Duh , I'm too smart to vote for someone. Duh that way I can mock others who exercised their vote. Duh huh huh duh.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
you're giving me a terrific political answer here.
I realize there was a prosecuters decision to focus on charges of lying and obstruction.
I can accept that you do not watch meet the press though I am surprised.
But are you trying to tell me that you were not aware that the entire democratic party created a huge rucus over the revelation of classified information and that they tried to leverage that information to go after Chaney and Bush?
Either you're talking past me or I'm talking past you. I'm not a democrat, never have been. Yes, I am aware that people on the left and in the democratic party believed that Bush administration officials had revealed Valerie Plame's covert status as some sort of payback directed at her husband. That never sounded very plausible to me or, I suspect, to Patrick Fitzgerald. It would not surprise me to learn that the cover up was worse than the crime in this case. Libby clammed up, so we'll have to wait til someone decides to make a buck by writing a book about it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Eh, I might have misunderstood the following exchange:

If they find out who it was they should give them a medal.

Yep try the bush official that violates classified information but give the Obama official a medal. Oh the games we play:surprised:

You were responding to my post, so I assumed you were suggesting that "I" was being hypocritical in some way. If you were just commenting on politics in general, then I basically agree with you.

wkmac

Either you're talking past me or I'm talking past you. I'm not a democrat, never have been. Yes, I am aware that people on the left and in the democratic party believed that Bush administration officials had revealed Valerie Plame's covert status as some sort of payback directed at her husband. That never sounded very plausible to me or, I suspect, to Patrick Fitzgerald. It would not surprise me to learn that the cover up was worse than the crime in this case. Libby clammed up, so we'll have to wait til someone decides to make a buck by writing a book about it.

After listening more and more of what Sibel Edmonds has to say, I believe Plame's exposure was for the purpose of outing B, Jennings and Associates as an undercover front before they could bust open the Turkish, Pakistani, Israeli nuke weapons trade that alleges links to persons within our own gov't. IMO, these same persons have turned the motive into a non-event because to many questions would start to rise to the top if the real reason got out.

jmo.

See wiki on B Jennings and Nuke investigation

wkmac

Eh, I might have misunderstood the following exchange:

You were responding to my post, so I assumed you were suggesting that "I" was being hypocritical in some way. If you were just commenting on politics in general, then I basically agree with you.

Let's see, I agreed with Jones before and I was accused of being a liberal. I wonder if the standards still apply?

Oh silly me, I bet it means Jones is a Conservative instead!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
After listening more and more of what Sibel Edmonds has to say, I believe Plame's exposure was for the purpose of outing B, Jennings and Associates as an undercover front before they could bust open the Turkish, Pakistani, Israeli nuke weapons trade that alleges links to persons within our own gov't. IMO, these same persons have turned the motive into a non-event because to many questions would start to rise to the top if the real reason got out.

jmo.

See wiki on B Jennings and Nuke investigation
As usual, you're way out in front of me on this one :happy-very:. I always sort of figured that someone just got carried away/forgot who was in the room/lost track of what was classified and who had what level clearance and just blabbed something that they shouldn't have. I live in a very boring world :peaceful:

wkmac

As usual, you're way out in front of me on this one :happy-very:. I always sort of figured that someone just got carried away/forgot who was in the room/lost track of what was classified and who had what level clearance and just blabbed something that they shouldn't have. I live in a very boring world :peaceful:

Enjoy the boredom, I'll keep us both covered and you can keep me filled in on the simple life.

:happy-very::peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Let's see, I agreed with Jones before and I was accused of being a liberal. I wonder if the standards still apply?

Oh silly me, I bet it means Jones is a Conservative instead!
For a lot of years 'ol jones thought he was a conservative. I can't keep track anymore though :happy-very: