Should I become a on car supervisor

BrownInTx

Hello fellow upsers.

I have a few questions about becoming a on car supervisor. I'm a fairly new employee with about 5 years under my belt. 3 years as a tcd and 2 years as a ft driver. I was recently approached by our center manager and asked if I would be interested in being a on car supervisor. If I take the position I will be sent of to integrad from what I was told. What all does this evolve ? Is there any on car sups here that moved from being a ft driver and regret it now lol ?

I would love to move to this position but I do not want to regret it.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

Do you like working longer hours than drivers? Do you like getting :censored2: on?

I'm sure some places are better than others, but management and upper management change frequently. There is any and every type of job opportunity at UPS once you chose to go to the dark side. I'm sure they have their pros and cons, but :censored2: rolls downhill and you will never have the opportunity to be a driver again.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Do you like working longer hours than drivers? Do you like getting :censored2: on?

I'm sure some places are better than others, but management and upper management change frequently. There is any and every type of job opportunity at UPS once you chose to go to the dark side. I'm sure they have their pros and cons, but :censored2: rolls downhill and you will never have the opportunity to be a driver again.
Not entirely true; I know a driver who became a FT on-car, then went back union and has been back a FT for a few years...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why do they seem to commonly stay into their 60's? Financial penalty?
3% per year before full retirement age penalty on their pension.
At 35 years, the full-retirement age drops from 65 to 60.
I worked until I was 58 for this reason ... amongst others.
I could have retired easily at 55 financially but I wasn't "emotionally" ready to quit working.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I see them deal with drivers that have issues, pick up misloads, preach in pcms, sit in their office, hop on car and all the other stuff. Everything has its pros and cons.
pick up misloads is quite untrue now,they actually run routes everyday cause almost everyday is a cluster :censored3:

jaker

trolling
Every on road I have known regrets it if they was full time driver before and the part time to full time d and off the streets are ok with it

My concern really is you have been with this company long enough to get a grasp on what it should be like to be FT sup and you still ask and still question the people saying no here

So just do it already and come back in 2 years and tell us how it is