Should I become a on car supervisor

BrownInTx

Out of all the responses not one on car supervisor has made a reply. Smh...

Quote my own :censored2:. Lmao. They must be too tired to post after the hours they put in.
UPS totally understands. We have a sup that brings his two young kids (9 and 5)to work with him because he can't hire a babysitter. While he's on the road the center manager has the kids clean under the belts.

Ok sweet. I will run that by the center manager and maybe they can wash a few cars.

22.4 driver

I can more than do my job lol. I run scratch and finish under most days. When I was a tcd I covered many routes with no problems.

This is the problem , you care about “scratching “ and being a runner that’s why you are worried you won’t be able to handle the physical work . Stop being a runner and managements kiss ass !

DOK

Elaborate a little please. Our center is small. Less than 70 cars. Not sure if that info helps much
You won’t stay in your center your whole career. You’ll be training new drivers constantly, running routes blind when too many call offs, have center manager’s and DM’s degrade you, all the while making less than a full time driver. Yeah, sounds like fun.

Grey

What is the point of going on car sup? Honestly unless you’re just lazy and want to spend most days in the air conditioning.

PT Car Washer

You won’t stay in your center your whole career. You’ll be training new drivers constantly, running routes blind when too many call offs, have center manager’s and DM’s degrade you, all the while making less than a full time driver. Yeah, sounds like fun.
Our former dispatch sup was sent to a smaller center. Now he has to work the preload, on car sup, and the twilight sort because they are short staffed.

MrBates

Hello fellow upsers.

I have a few questions about becoming a on car supervisor. I'm a fairly new employee with about 5 years under my belt. 3 years as a tcd and 2 years as a ft driver. I was recently approached by our center manager and asked if I would be interested in being a on car supervisor. If I take the position I will be sent of to integrad from what I was told. What all does this evolve ? Is there any on car sups here that moved from being a ft driver and regret it now lol ?

I would love to move to this position but I do not want to regret it.

Your skin has to be pretty thick to make it as a supervisor or manager at UPS. Conference calls can be mentally brutal and then you have to deal with some Teamsters who just don't give a "friend". Also, as an on road supe, the powers that be can airdrop you in a different building to help out. Most guys I've seen just use the ORS position as a stepping stone to other management positions.