Should I go FT?

Sculpin

This is one of those, 'if you were in my shoes' type questions. I currently work pt preload and pt air driver (as needed). My combined hours have regularly been upwards of 40 hours per week. I will be at top Air wage in a month. My wife is a school teacher, so she brings in a "decent" salary. I really enjoy being done by 2:00 and being there for family events; however, there is part of me that feels like I should bring home the bacon for my family. Any thoughts?

If you don't take it, someone else will.
Just remember when things get slow, full time Trump's part time.
Not always. A lot of time there will be work for air drivers that does not require 8 hours for a FT driver. Laid off drivers can always bump into the Hub for the week. FT must have more company seniority before bumping a PT employee.

GenericUsername

Go with the FT. You'll get a list of major dates for family events from school, off on all major holidays, and will have the ability to have 8 hour requests when you need to use them...Just not Fridays (more than likely.) Plus, you'll be better off getting through progression now than if you were to wait 2 years and be stuck having to progress (possibly) 5 years if they bargain it that way...

MrFeeder

A little harsh on the words here but yes do bring in the bacon for the family. You're the man of the house. Get out there and put some real full time hours in.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
however, there is part of me that feels like I should bring home the bacon for my family.
Don't let this be your reason for taking it. My personal reason for taking FT when I can will be to end this on-call phone tag stuff every day, get five consecutive days, demand guarantee pay, 9.5 list, and just overall stop getting jerked around so much and so easily.

ManInBrown

9.5 list LOLOL
8 hour requests LOLOL

I'm on the 9.5 and use both my 8 hour requests every month. 9.5 is rarely honored and one out of every 5 eight hour requests are honored. It's just free grievance money.

Don't plan on being off early or only working 43 hours per week because of 9.5. Chances are if your center is like mine, they couldn't care less.