Should I record calls?

Siveriano

Hello everyone.
Lately my manager had been on my rear more than before to the point to send me 3 messages in the time lapse of 10 minutes asking me to call the center, when i call him he started telling me that if he knew i was going to have so much overallowed he would had never gave me the job also he started telling me if he wanted to put me on arbitration i wouldn't last nothing and would get fire. he also say and i quote " You need to cut the bull:censored2: and do your job". So after this i download this program to record the calls from my phone and i just wanted to know if i could use it if needed.

Siveriano

the point is that they want me to do the impossible and unsafe. lets say route A with his regular driver goes out with 340-360 pcs and 160~ stops but when im doing that route they put 480 pcs 200+ stops. yet he start telling me " I want you back on the building at 1900, do what you have to do"

Its funny because Thursday i was going to do a route with 210 stops but a driver went nocall noshow so they pull me out of the route, next thing i know the person who did the 210 stops came back to the building at 2130 with 80 stops left on the truck.

Box Ox

the point is that they want me to do the impossible and unsafe. lets say route A with his regular driver goes out with 340-360 pcs and 160~ stops but when im doing that route they put 480 pcs 200+ stops. yet he start telling me " I want you back on the building at 1900, do what you have to do"

Whenever I'm put in a bad situation I send a message to center from my board confirming their directions and/or my situation. And I take a picture of it in case I end up in a meeting and am told I didn't communicate this or that.

If I were you I'd message center either at my first stop or right after all air is off saying it's unrealistic and not gonna happen. Send help today and change the dispatch tomorrow or this is how it's going to be. If there's pushback, talk to your local.

Siveriano

I tried that but my manager seems not to understand. this is what happen they blow the truck load with over 500 pcs then they remove the RDR which where like 140 pcs yet the truck was already loaded with no selection area upfront. so i put my handtruck on the back but when i got to the first stop after the airs the back door wouldn't open the pins wont pull back making it impossible to open. I call my SUP and he told me to call the shop and deliver what i could so i did , the mech showed up about 1.5 hours later we have to take pcs of the truck to make room for him to get to the back door. I explain this to my manager but he said those where just excuses because the only stop i should had use my handtruck was on my 35th stop where they had 12 pcs.

I deleted the pic just incase.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

It's simple @Siveriano, they know who they can and can't bully. It's obvious you can be bullied. Start standing up for yourself and they will stop. Don't talk to them without a Steward present and don't be intimidated.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hello everyone.
Lately my manager had been on my rear more than before to the point to send me 3 messages in the time lapse of 10 minutes asking me to call the center, when i call him he started telling me that if he knew i was going to have so much overallowed he would had never gave me the job also he started telling me if he wanted to put me on arbitration i wouldn't last nothing and would get fire. he also say and i quote " You need to cut the bull:censored2: and do your job". So after this i download this program to record the calls from my phone and i just wanted to know if i could use it if needed.
Yes you can use it because it's your phone. But you shouldn't be putting yourself in the position to be harassed by calling them in the first place. File on the harassment, work on your methods, and for Christ's sake don't ever can them. Your phone should only be for emergencies.

Siveriano

yeah i think the problem is that i stopped kissing ass about a month ago, Im now like i get in ask what route punch in and they wont see me again until i punch out. like my Teamster told me " they are no my friends" I try to keep it low but its hard with this people.
Ps. they route the guy came back with 80 stops left was because after lunch one of the SUP helped him deliver for 3 hours. I know this because the guy made book around the same time i did so we kinda help each other, I told him to tell the Teamster about this but he said he wont as the same SUP had let pass one or 2 things about him.

BUCN85

Hello everyone.
Just don't worry about it. They will always try to intimidate you and hope you don't know your rights. As long as your safe and your making a reasonable attempt at your job your protected. I used to get super stressed too. But now it gets done when it gets done. But I always make a solid effort.

DOK

Hello everyone.

You can use it, the first thing out of your mouth when you answer the phone should be "this conversation is being recorded", he'll hang up,..

35years

Gravy route
Change your phone number. Do not give them your new number. Tell them directly they are not allowed to call your cell phone since they don't pay the bill. Use customer phones when they text you saying to call the center. Demand a steward when they say the first word about production. If they continue the conversation after they deny you a steward, respond that the conversation is over until a steward is present. If they continue, you will file a complaint that your Weingarten rights are being violated. File a harassment grievance. Make sure your steward and your Business agent are aware of the harassment. CYA every day. No shortcuts or dishonest behavior. Document everything at the end of each day including harassment, your numbers on the route, delays...everything. Do the job to the best of your ability, but your number one concern is not doing anything that can get you fired.

They think you are their whipping boy. Life is to short to shrink before these bullies.