Should I still pursue this career or will it be a waste if my time to wait until im 21?

UPSDRIVERDREAM

I am currently 19 years old too young to be a driver for ups which is 21. I got into an auto accident on December of 2017. I was t-boned by another driver who was distracted while driving but it ended up being my fault because I was blocking her right of way. I got a minor ticket for failure to yield at an uncontrolled area. She collided me at a Y intersection. I will try my best to draw what has happened. Regardless I still wanted to know whether or not i should continue and stay at UPS as a package handler because I really want to be a driver until I retire. Thank You for your feedbacks.
Regarding the picture: I was sitting there for at least 4-5 seconds waiting for Car C to pass me before I make my turn onto Southbound of Street B. So basically the only way I could make it so that it wasn't my fault is that if there were witnesses or if i had a camera. And the only other way for me to avoid the accident is if I knew that she wasn't going to stop or I reverse back into Street A.

Attachments

• accident.png
    accident.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 537

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I am currently 19 years old too young to be a driver for ups which is 21. I got into an auto accident on December of 2017. I was t-boned by another driver who was distracted while driving but it ended up being my fault because I was blocking her right of way. I got a minor ticket for failure to yield at an uncontrolled area. She collided me at a Y intersection. I will try my best to draw what has happened. Regardless I still wanted to know whether or not i should continue and stay at UPS as a package handler because I really want to be a driver until I retire. Thank You for your feedbacks.
Regarding the picture: I was sitting there for at least 4-5 seconds waiting for Car C to pass me before I make my turn onto Southbound of Street B. So basically the only way I could make it so that it wasn't my fault is that if there were witnesses or if i had a camera. And the only other way for me to avoid the accident is if I knew that she wasn't going to stop or I reverse back into Street A.

Relax !!!!!!
Keep your driving record clean and sign the sheet when your 21.
All your part time years add to your pension so you are not wasting your time here.
If they DQ you at 21, sign the sheet at 22. As long as you are a union member, you have a fast track to the job .

Box Ox

By the time the OP goes FT we might be 2-3 contracts down the road. And I doubt progression/wages/benefits are gonna get any better for new FT entrants.

If you’ve got no other options, sure, good age to start at UPS. But don’t give anything up to do it.

UPSDRIVERDREAM

Relax !!!!!!
All your part time years add to your pension so you are not wasting your time here.
If they DQ you at 21, sign the sheet at 22. As long as you are a union member, you have a fast track to the job .
Thank you!!! I was so stressed that I wouldnt be able to drive in the future due to that incident. I really wanted to drive since i was in highschool

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I just spit grizzly juice all over my phone screen...that drawing is awesome!!!!!!! Your record is fine the way it is now and will be even cleaner in two years...you’re fine

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thank you!!! I was so stressed that I wouldnt be able to drive in the future due to that incident. I really wanted to drive since i was in highschool
Heff has it right with good solid advice.
Learn to drive a stick shift and practice safe driving based on the 5 seeing habits.
Ask drivers or package supes for Safe Driving material.
Good luck!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Relax !!!!!!
The problem for a 21 year old........will ups package car driver be a viable
Job for the next 35-40 years.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Did you used to do police composite sketches before working at UPS?
face-comp.jpg

clean hairy

The attachment might be the final draft of how Orion will improve driver routes?