Should i switch to feeders ?

DC7

The Brown Hole
I have been a pkg driver for 15 years. There is a opening to get into feeders but its a 11-12hr night run. I really want to get away from orien, body hurting and the micro management with pkg car driving. But that's a big But I have a young family and just doing know if I should make the switch. Any advice anyone ?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have been a pkg driver for 15 years. There is a opening to get into feeders but its a 11-12hr night run. I really want to get away from orien, body hurting and the micro management with pkg car driving. But that's a big But I have a young family and just doing know if I should make the switch. Any advice anyone ?
That's on you, weigh the differences, .....I had the option , I didn't want to be driving feeders in NE Ohio winters at night , don't know where u live. But I will tell you this job gets a hell of a lot better when you get your own route , and quit caring about there numbers , good luck 2 you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've never heard anyone regret it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Feeders was the best job decision I ever made in my 38 years. There are so many different start times for feeder jobs, you can probably find one that works better for you than you have right now. I know when I was in PC, I usually didn't get home till after 8pm most nights. In feeders, I got a 9pm start time right off the bat, and just like that, I could pick up the kids from school, take them to Dr. appts, tuck them in at night, etc. Got off in time to have breakfast with the family. I had to learn to sleep during the day, but it was worth it for me. I actually got to spend more time with my family after the change. And my knees thanked me. Good luck to you.

DC7

The Brown Hole
Feeders was the best job decision I ever made in my 38 years. There are so many different start times for feeder jobs, you can probably find one that works better for you than you have right now. I know when I was in PC, I usually didn't get home till after 8pm most nights. In feeders, I got a 9pm start time right off the bat, and just like that, I could pick up the kids from school, take them to Dr. appts, tuck them in at night, etc. Got off in time to have breakfast with the family. I had to learn to sleep during the day, but it was worth it for me. I actually got to spend more time with my family after the change. And my knees thanked me. Good luck to you.[/QUOTe

There are only a few runs out of our center its a small building. I have been told once I take that job if I do I cannt bump back in to be a pkg car driver

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've never heard anyone regret it.

It's not for everyone. The guy who just took my old bid actually came back to package from feeders. Said it was too boring for him. But he's a younger kid.

I've been considering making the jump to feeders myself. If I do I want to get out before peak rolls around this year. Not having to deliver this past peak due to injuries was nice so it's pretty tempting to go out. Even though I would fall pretty well into the feeder seniority list in our building I need to make sure I can get hours that would work with my family.

DC7

The Brown Hole
The reason I can do feeders is there current driver wants to bump back in side but they are not letting him. Actually its been three years he has been trying to. But If I get trained they will let him. And once I do take that feeder job I cant bump back to pkg car.

DC7

The Brown Hole
That's on you, weigh the differences, .....I had the option , I didn't want to be driving feeders in NE Ohio winters at night , don't know where u live. But I will tell you this job gets a hell of a lot better when you get your own route , and quit caring about there numbers , good luck 2 you.

I live in western ny so winters blow. But they blow delivering in all day to. When you say your own rt do you mean in feeders of pkg car?

Overpaid Union Thug

If you can get used to sleeping during the day then go for it. I could never go to feeders for that reason. That and we don't have the option of going into feeders in my center.