Should I take a Sup job offered to me after only 2 months ?

Nimnim

The Nim
Speaking of part time supervisors, I noticed the OP mentioned starting at 13.80. I didn't know they were paid by the hour. I thought they were salary.

They are salary, up to I believe 27.5 hours, then they're paid straight time. Their salary is also based on it.

L

Loufan

Sups make better money outside of peak, during peak we kick their ass (at least in my building we were making more than our sups). I'm pretty sure they get paid just their 13/hr after 27. We get time and a half after working either 5 hours a day/ 25 hours a week/ or Fridays (if we work Sundays) The money adds up during peak. I also heard something about double time after 8 hours but only the few times i've worked more than 8 i forgot to check my paycheck so i'm not sure if that's true. I'd wait until after peak to make your decision get one last peak season with good money.

Overpaid Union Thug

NO! Think about it.....after only two months and they are already asking? As a UPSer with over 10 years with the company it is somewhat discouraging to see this happening. Management should be something that requires a minimum amount of time in service (not two months!) before consideration. Sounds like desperation on their part. Stick around for a couple of years before you decide. I've seen too many people make that jump too early.

Edman32

I'm kinda in the same situation. I've been working for UPS for about 2 months now and am probably one of their best loaders. I just graduated college and needed this as some part time money until I found a real job. I figured I either 1. will be working corporate for UPS with my degree or 2. have another job and this will be a good resume builder.

raceanoncr

Never take advice from people who give you Yes or No answers because they are telling you something about themselves but not helping you to make a decision. You have to make the decision yourself because only you know what it is you are going for. Look for advice that has reasons for Yes or No or provide things/concerns to consider in making YOUR decision.

NO

browniehound

I would say that the best way for someone young to go into UPS w/out college education , is to do as Hoax mentioned: work P/T union until you are in place for a drivers position.

Go to school if you can, even if you are working FT hours.
Secure the drivers job down the road if/when it's available (make sure your driving record is clean) and try a leap into FT Supervisor role, where you can then maybe make your mark higher up.

The best way to advance at UPS to my knowledge, is to get experience, know your enemies and also follow the path of least resistance.

I would say this is the best advice I've witnessed so far. College education or not, the route to manager is through the driver ranks. You're superiors will recognize your talent either way, and this is all that matters.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I fast forwarded to the last Post and didn't read what was between #10 and now.......

but..........

What do you want to do with your life????

Blue / White / Starched Colllar?

Blue...Don't

White...Yes

Starched.....Yes and do everything correct as per Traditional Corporate Behavior and get a Tutor that can teach you how to sound smart when you talk (and type):wink2: