Should Older Teamsters Vote Yes?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If this new Hybrid Driver position creates more Union members, might the older voter pull the switch for yes?

More employees equates to more pension contributions. So if one were focused on that, they may very well sell the younger drivers out in favor of their own long term interests.

Future

Victory Ride
If this new Hybrid Driver position creates more Union members, might the older voter pull the switch for yes?

More employees equates to more pension contributions. So if one were focused on that, they may very well sell the younger drivers out in favor of their own long term interests.
They will screw up the additional pension money anyways ...

Or it may put a target on us higher paid employees....

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I have a few years to go, and I guess possibly I could be bought. But not with this garbage contract. Besides that, I dont see them running more routes. Just running cheaper drivers to cut into top rate drivers. We all know how ups can and will screw anyone that is available .

Wally

I have a few years to go, and I guess possibly I could be bought. But not with this garbage contract. Besides that, I dont see them running more routes. Just running cheaper drivers to cut into top rate drivers. We all know how ups can and will screw anyone that is available .
More money in the pension?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Some of the older drivers have quite a bit of UPS stock as well so growth and dividends could play into the vote as well.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Or it may put a target on us higher paid employees....

If (and this is a HUGE if) they red circle all existing higher paid driving jobs and limit the 22.4s to a percentage of drivers per center, I don’t see current top scale drivers as targets to eliminate. Again a big IF

If (and this is a HUGE if) they red circle all existing higher paid driving jobs and limit the 22.4s to a percentage of drivers per center, I don’t see current top scale drivers as targets to eliminate. Again a big IF
If they don't red circle the current drivers, no way will it have a shot at passing. Who is going to vote them a $6 pay cut?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Yeah, red circle language is the biggest factor. While it does institute a 2 tier driving wage like it did to full time preload years ago, it does not eliminate the top scale job in the future.

Wally

Bottom line is, how many jobs will this create, if any? What number is needed to affect pension funds?

If this is just moving work for little jobs, why bother?