Should some of us make more than others?

DS

Fenderbender
Re: Should some of make more?

Can u fix the title if possible? Thx

I used the map and singled out my state and did a "heat" pricing. I live smack dab in the middle of the highest color. Figures. Would have to drive an hour in any direction to get lower prices.
There ya go K of C

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm lucky in my wife actually has one of those rare professions that she will make a good amount more in rural areas.

Do we dare discuss performance based wage?

Performance as in "run and gun", no. Performance as in safe driving, proficiency in doing the job, positive feedback from customers. sure.

How about an extra dollar an hour for every 5 years safe driving? Take the dollars away for a year for any avoidable crash.

Are you the "go to" employee who gets the jobs that others can't do? Toss a little more cash your way to make it worth your while. Maybe the "can'ts" will get there shiz together.

Do your customers love you? Are you and your positive customer service what keeps the business with UPS? Toss a little more cash your way. Maybe Mr. Ding-Dong-Ditch will find out who butters his bread and take the time to take care of them.

Sales leads. Every new customer each driver gets the company will get the driver 5% of gross of that first full month that customer ships. There would be some service selling mo-fo's out there.

Just a few thoughts.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If they get it. Nothing's guaranteed if you have to wait. I imagine Obama and the "share the wealth" crowd drool thinking about all that pension AND 401k money....
IF is the key word. Of course, in my opinion, certain union officials allow the company to do as they chose if they continue to funnel money into this losing proposition. I predict many sad faces when they find out that the pension is out of money.

pretender

If they get it. Nothing's guaranteed if you have to wait. I imagine Obama and the "share the wealth" crowd drool thinking about all that pension AND 401k money....

You don't have to imagine, it is already true:

Mark Levin Sounds the Alarm on Government’s Plan to Nationalize 401K Plans (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Bad Gas!

Poor baby.
I'll trade my paltry $3000 a month pension (if I get it) for your and upstates $5000 a month pension.

Here's the thing that gets me..We should make the same pension across the board..You have the flexibilty to move to more affordable areas when you retire..Whoever came up with the uneven pensions needs to be booted to France!

Ms.PacMan

How about inclement weather drivers making more money? They are far more skilled than fair weather drivers. How about inclement weather drivers who live in high cost areas - should they make the most? It's a slippery slope.

Now if UPS would want to start paying higher wages for certain areas and begin nationwide bidding - then we can talk.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Is it far that Feeder drivers make .50 cents more an hour than I do for pulling doubles? They are provided with all equipment that is required for the job except shoes and socks, that is all that they must provide. I on the other hand have to provide all tools w/ the exception of 3/4" impacts. I don't want to make more than feeders, I just want to be equal.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Is it far that Feeder drivers make .50 cents more an hour than I do for pulling doubles? They are provided with all equipment that is required for the job except shoes and socks, that is all that they must provide. I on the other hand have to provide all tools w/ the exception of 3/4" impacts. I don't want to make more than feeders, I just want to be equal.

Do you have the CDL maintained like me too?

jaker

trolling
Saw a post from Hoaxster. It made me think about how all the drivers make the same once through progression. $32 an hour is good. But how good is dependent on where you live and the cost of living in the said area. That 32 an hour will pay for far less in NYC then it does is most area's. I am not advocating that I or others should make more or less then other drivers. Just stating that the buying power of a dollar in a major city and the surrounding burbs is far less then a lot of the areas around the country.
Would it make you feel better in California the pay is 33 and some change , I am ok with all us making the same pay as others have said before it puts on the same playing field

One thing I like is knowing that the lazy kiss butt is not making more then me because his head is up the center manager butt

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Another factor we can take into consideration is that in dense metropolitan areas the routes are generally much more physical than extended rural areas.
As far as we chose to live where we do, when I started at UPS the cost of living in my town was substantially lower than now.
Also it makes me laugh how people on here also claim that the only reason you bonus is due to you being unsafe or you running all day. Reminds me of a driver once who said I was making him look bad cause of my production. I stopped him and simply explained to him that he needed no help from me to look bad. Bottom line is that we are NOT all equal. Thankfully there is a system, even though it may have its flaws, that lets us benefit from working harder.
Anyhow it will never happen cause the union will never advocate something that might adversely effect their collection of dues.