Should the Democratic Gov From VA-Ralph Northam Resign?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hard to fight this one, no? His own people are calling for him to get out of there? I think there real agenda is his late term abortion problem.

badpal

Pics of Hillary in blackface i have seen, never slowed her down. Wouldnt be surprised if the democrats serve her up again in 2020.

Box Ox

:censored2: yeah he should resign. Let's not start trying to defend him with whataboutisms. In 1984, Northam was 25 and in medical school. The picture is from their yearbook. Not middle school. Not high school. Not college. Medical school. And one of his nicknames was "Coonman". He also admitted at his press conference that he dressed up as Michael Jackson and shoe polished his face for a dance competition the same year.

Dude is clearly racist as :censored2:. You can't squeal about folks on either side of the aisle who merely "seem" racist and then try to defend this :censored2: nozzle.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
:censored2: yeah he should resign. Let's not start trying to defend him with whataboutisms. In 1984, Northam was 25 and in medical school. The picture is from their yearbook. Not middle school. Not high school. Not college. Medical school. And one of his nicknames was "Coonman". He also admitted at his press conference that he dressed up as Michael Jackson and shoe polished his face for a dance competition the same year.

Dude is clearly racist as :censored2:. You can't squeal about folks on either side of the aisle who merely "seem" racist and then try to defend this :censored2: nozzle.
I agree the dude should resign (he's my governor btw), but you can't blame him for looking around and seeing that a guy who has been credibly accused of sexual assault by something like 20 different women, and was caught on tape bragging about it, still managed to get elected president by just sticking to his guns and denying everything. So he probably figures he might as well give it a shot.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Let's see 'em.
4289F99A-1CEF-48E9-AAD3-992D7D2E6200.png

Box Ox

Trump surrogate apologizes for Clinton blackface tweet

"Pastor Mark Burns, a prominent surrogate of Donald Trump, apologized on Tuesday after retweeting a digitally manipulated image of Hillary Clinton in blackface, only the latest in a series of tweets shared from his account accusing the Democratic nominee of pandering to black voters.

CNN's Alisyn Camerota prefaced her question with Burns by remarking, "This is allegedly, it claimed to be of Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton in black face. This is not true. This has been disproven and debunked time and again. This has surfaced in previous presidential races. So why share it?"

"Well, obviously you know I think in reference to that particular post — of course, I didn't have the correct information knowing that it wasn't Bill Clinton," Burns said in an interview with CNN's "New Day." "And I apologize for that as well, for posting incorrect information. Again, I think that's what the true message of grace is, that you know once you discover new information, you are quickly to change your opinion and get back on the right path. And that's what I'm doing right now to the whole world, is to say, listen, in my sincere heart of hearts, my job as a pastor is to draw people together, not push them away."

Burns also offered an apology on his Twitter account.

"I'm so sorry for the offensive #Blackface image of @HillaryClinton but stand by the message that we Blacks ARE being Used by #Dems for VOTES," he wrote."

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Trump surrogate apologizes for Clinton blackface tweet

"Pastor Mark Burns, a prominent surrogate of Donald Trump, apologized on Tuesday after retweeting a digitally manipulated image of Hillary Clinton in blackface, only the latest in a series of tweets shared from his account accusing the Democratic nominee of pandering to black voters.

CNN's Alisyn Camerota prefaced her question with Burns by remarking, "This is allegedly, it claimed to be of Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton in black face. This is not true. This has been disproven and debunked time and again. This has surfaced in previous presidential races. So why share it?"

"Well, obviously you know I think in reference to that particular post — of course, I didn't have the correct information knowing that it wasn't Bill Clinton," Burns said in an interview with CNN's "New Day." "And I apologize for that as well, for posting incorrect information. Again, I think that's what the true message of grace is, that you know once you discover new information, you are quickly to change your opinion and get back on the right path. And that's what I'm doing right now to the whole world, is to say, listen, in my sincere heart of hearts, my job as a pastor is to draw people together, not push them away."

Burns also offered an apology on his Twitter account.

"I'm so sorry for the offensive #Blackface image of @HillaryClinton but stand by the message that we Blacks ARE being Used by #Dems for VOTES," he wrote."
7897B04D-014C-465C-91BA-D23B1D13FAC6.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trump just pulled us out of the nuclear treaty with Russia.

It's certainly convenient timing that a guy most people have never heard of is dominating the media coverage.

bbsam

Staff member
I’d actually like to see him impeached and pundits pointing to the process and saying, “That’s how it’s done!”

One way or another, he’s gotta go.

@Operational needs ...do you think he knew better at the time?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’d actually like to see him impeached and pundits pointing to the process and saying, “That’s how it’s done!”

One way or another, he’s gotta go.

@Operational needs ...do you think he knew better at the time?
At 25 he should know better even though he’s from the middle of nowhere. I could see him getting a pass if he was a teenager but not at 25.