Should the union suspend union dues?

542thruNthru

Question was asked this week, should the Local furlough BAs during this safer at home? With no shop visits, local levels and state panels what are these people doing? At $3,000 to $3,500 per week in compensation, it's a fair question.

Our BA is still doing shop visits (granted very rarely), local levels over the phone or Zoom.

You sure your BA isn't still doing local levels or are you just going off of what you heard? Same rumor was flying around here as well about how grievances are not being heard right now.

Up In Smoke

Our BA is still doing shop visits (granted very rarely), local levels over the phone or Zoom.

You sure your BA isn't still doing local levels or are you just going off of what you heard? Same rumor was flying around here as well about how grievances are not being heard right now.
We were told during the March General Membership meeting that all shop visits, local and state hearings were suspended until further notice. Our local offices are closed and employees are working from home. If you need something, you call and leave a message and someone returns your call.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Is your BA elected or appointed. Just curious.
Our particular BA is appointed- by himself as he is PEO of the local. There is one elected BA position in our local. That is currently held by someone they brought in off the street several years ago. Not a Teamster. Hard to run them out when they pretty much spend their time campaigning for next election. That is- when they aren't having a doughnut eating contest at the "hall". Lol.

542thruNthru

Our particular BA is appointed- by himself as he is PEO of the local. There is one elected BA position in our local. That is currently held by someone they brought in off the street several years ago. Not a Teamster. Hard to run them out when they pretty much spend their time campaigning for next election. That is- when they aren't having a doughnut eating contest at the "hall". Lol.
Damn your PEO is your BA also.

How many members in your local?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
My BA was in the building yesterday.
Returns my calls within about 10 minutes of me needing him.

He isn't working from home, but if it gets to that point, I wish him a nice vacation.