Should we just get the inevitable civil war over with ?

Look there’s no common ground to be had over this Covid stuff. Half the country wants the freedom to continue living their lives and the other half wants to be slaves and they want to force us to be slaves. They want to force us to take a vaccine that millions of us would die before we allow that to happen. Assuming there’s no way for a peaceful amicable divorce which I don’t think there is, why can’t we settle it the old way. Give it until the end of the year for everyone to choose their side and let’s get it over with

PT Car Washer

Look there’s no common ground to be had over this Covid stuff. Half the country wants the freedom to continue living their lives and the other half wants to be slaves and they want to force us to be slaves. They want to force us to take a vaccine that millions of us would die before we allow that to happen. Assuming there’s no way for a peaceful amicable divorce which I don’t think there is, why can’t we settle it the old way. Give it until the end of the year for everyone to choose their side and let’s get it over with
Why do you want millions of unvaccinated people to die unnecessarily ? Just go get vaccinated and the entire country can move forward. No reason to be a slave to your fears.

Why do you want millions of unvaccinated people to die unnecessarily ? Just go get vaccinated and the entire country can move forward. No reason to be a slave to your fears.
The survival rate for c19 with no experimental emergency vax is upwards of 99.5% and millions of people have been infected and recovered including myself…what are you talking about?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
It'll definitely be scary as all get out, but I hope I'm alive when it happens. I feel for all our kid's futures. It's enevitable, IMO- a civil war that is. There was a dream that was America. And it was realized for many, many years. But this is NOT it. Our Founders are rolling in their graves. JFK and MLK are doing the same. There has ALWAYS been evil afoot, just not to this extent. It'll only get worse.

Serf

I’ve long been a believer of a peaceful separation. NYC is not NY state. Southern Cali is not Northern Cali. Chicago is not Illinois. Time to pivot.

vantexan

Funny how except for a relative handful in December the entire population went unvaccinated in 2020 yet millions didn't die. And of those who were listed as covid deaths many actually died from something else. Yet everything is hyped now and we're supposed to trust people who hype everything when many of us would prefer to see how things shake out first with long term side effects. Is that too much to ask?

refineryworker05

This post is nonsense. The fact that some posters liked your post shows how radical and irrational some member of this message board have become.

you are greatly inflating the number of Americans who refuse to get the vaccine. It is no where near half of the population. About 70% of American adults right now have received at least one vaccine shot. From there your argument falls apart. The fraction of americans whose identity is based on vaccine opposition is tiny. That tiny percentage contains a lot of republicans/conservatives though because a lot of republicans/conservatives are insane and irrational.

A Monmouth poll released Monday found that 17 percent of Americans remain opposed to getting the vaccine, of which 70 percent align with Republicans and just 6 percent align with Democrats.

Serf

500,000 ppl die from heart disease annually. Another 6 figures in cancer. Auto crashes, suicide, other diseases.

refineryworker05

500,000 ppl die from heart disease annually. Another 6 figures in cancer. Auto crashes, suicide, other diseases.
This kind of thinking is just plan irrational man. Like really really irrational. Adding an extra 2.5million deaths in 2020 from a communicable airborn disease would crater the economy even worse than what we did experience. We would have more deaths from other diseases because people wouldn't get as effective treatment because stopping COVID deaths would swamp everything else. Even the idiotic trump administration knew that.

Serf

This kind of thinking is just plan irrational man. Like really really irrational. Adding an extra 2.5million deaths in 2020 from a communicable airborn disease would crater the economy even worse than what we did experience. We would have more deaths from other diseases because people wouldn't get as effective treatment because stopping COVID deaths would swamp everything else. Even the idiotic trump administration knew that.
My tribe is a healthy and responsible crew. I don’t care about this anymore. And haven’t got quite some time. Talk to me when the next super bug comes and wipes out 200 million and has a 47% survivability rate. When everything is boarded up and looted. When the dollar is worthless. When martial law is enacted. When guns and canned goods are currency.

refineryworker05

This is what browncafe super fans of trump don't understand, the trump administration had every political incentive to not have the trump's CDC issue the nationwide shutdown orders, not have whole industries shutdown, to not have millions lose their jobs. Why did TRUMP do it? Because even the idiots running the trump administration knew letting 2+million people die from a communicable airborn disease will destroy the economy anyway and you'll have 2+million people dead to boot. I mean look, I am no trump fan but even the insane trump administration faced that reality. Why won't his super fans on browncafe?

refineryworker05

My tribe is a healthy and responsible crew. I don’t care about this anymore. And haven’t got quite some time. Talk to me when the next super bug comes and wipes out 200 million and has a 47% survivability rate. When everything is boarded up and looted. When the dollar is worthless. When martial law is enacted. When guns and canned goods are currency.
I don't know why you think I care about your deranged beliefs about covid. You are just an example of irrationality.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
This is what browncafe super fans of trump don't understand, the trump administration had every political incentive to not have the trump's CDC issue the nationwide shutdown orders, not have whole industries shutdown, to not have millions lose their jobs. Why did TRUMP do it? Because even the idiots running the trump administration knew letting 2+million people die from a communicable airborn disease will destroy the economy anyway and you'll have 2+million people dead to boot. I mean look, I am no trump fan but even the insane trump administration faced that reality. Why won't his super fans on browncafe?
State governors enacted shutdowns.

refineryworker05

State governors enacted shutdowns.
Yes based on the CDC recommendations. I list two state shutdown orders, but they went like this basically.

Governor Abbott Issues Executive Orders To Mitigate Spread Of COVID-19 In Texas​

WHEREAS, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has advised that person-to-person contact heightens the risk of COVID-19 transmission; and
WHEREAS, the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, as promulgated by President Donald J. Trump and the CDC on March 16, 2020, call upon Americans to slow the spread of COVID-19 by avoiding social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people, using drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options at restaurants and bars, and avoiding visitation at nursing homes, among other steps; and

STATE OF FLORIDA OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-91

WHEREAS, on March 16, 2020, President Donald J. Trump and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") issued the "15 Days to Slow the Spread" guidance advising individuals to adopt far-reaching social distancing measures, such as avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people, and in states with evidence of community spread, recommending restrictions to certain establishments conducive to mass gatherings and congregations; and WHEREAS, on March 29, 2020, the President extended such guidance to be in effect until April 30, 2020; and WHEREAS, on March 31, 2020, the President updated the guidance, renaming it "30 Days to Slow the Spread", and along with the White House Coronavirus Task Force urged Americans to continue to adhere to the guidelines and expand community mitigation efforts;

HFolb23

If a civil war between the left and the right started at 9am it would be done before noon. Unlike the “peaceful protests” of last year, the lefts opposition isn’t going to just stand back and let them throw bricks without retaliation, they’ll shoot back. The biggest problem with a civil war is that nobody wins and every casualty is an American. As sick as I am of the general attitude and direction of this nation, a civil war wouldn’t change anything unless it resulted an entirely new government staffing and a total attitude shift for the entire nation.

Biggest issue in the world today is lack of respect. Lack of respect for others differences and the fact that nobody can agree to disagree anymore. The “you’re either with me or against me” attitude is why this nation is so hostile towards everyone.

fishtm2001

If a civil war between the left and the right started at 9am it would be done before noon. Unlike the “peaceful protests” of last year, the lefts opposition isn’t going to just stand back and let them throw bricks without retaliation, they’ll shoot back. The biggest problem with a civil war is that nobody wins and every casualty is an American. As sick as I am of the general attitude and direction of this nation, a civil war wouldn’t change anything unless it resulted an entirely new government staffing and a total attitude shift for the entire nation.

Biggest issue in the world today is lack of respect. Lack of respect for others differences and the fact that nobody can agree to disagree anymore. The “you’re either with me or against me” attitude is why this nation is so hostile towards everyone.
Your side needs semi-automatics for a reason.

This post is nonsense. The fact that some posters liked your post shows how radical and irrational some member of this message board have become.

you are greatly inflating the number of Americans who refuse to get the vaccine. It is no where near half of the population. About 70% of American adults right now have received at least one vaccine shot. From there your argument falls apart. The fraction of americans whose identity is based on vaccine opposition is tiny. That tiny percentage contains a lot of republicans/conservatives though because a lot of republicans/conservatives are insane and irrational.

A Monmouth poll released Monday found that 17 percent of Americans remain opposed to getting the vaccine, of which 70 percent align with Republicans and just 6 percent align with Democrats.
I’m not saying I like it man but every day a peaceful amicable divorce seems less likely