Shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long on your 6th punch?

I'm a T-S 22.4 who was asked to come in on Mon. As my scheduled day off I was paid OT all day. Come Saturday I had already put in over 40 hrs for the week so shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long as well? I ask because I was paid my normal rate for the 1st 8hrs of the day when I was expecting time and half.

542thruNthru

I'm a T-S 22.4 who was asked to come in on Mon. As my scheduled day off I was paid OT all day. Come Saturday I had already put in over 40 hrs for the week so shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long as well? I ask because I was paid my normal rate for the 1st 8hrs of the day when I was expecting time and half.
What supplemental contract are you under?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm a T-S 22.4 who was asked to come in on Mon. As my scheduled day off I was paid OT all day. Come Saturday I had already put in over 40 hrs for the week so shouldn't Saturday be OT all day long as well? I ask because I was paid my normal rate for the 1st 8hrs of . the day when I was expecting time and half.
You answered your own question. You are Tu-Sat. Monday was OT. Sat was your regular work day. After 8 hrs you get OT.

542thruNthru

You answered your own question. You are Tu-Sat. Monday was OT. Sat was your regular work day. After 8 hrs you get OT.
Yep, here we get double time for Monday because it's the 7th day of their work week. Then guys complain that they don't get OT all Saturday because it's a 6th punch. Well you can't get double on Monday if Saturday is your 6th day.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yep, here we get double time for Monday because it's the 7th day of their work week. Then guys complain that they don't get OT all Saturday because it's a 6th punch. Well you can't get double on Monday if Saturday is your 6th day.
Sunday would be double 7th punch, Sat 6th punch 1.5x pay.

Here at least

I was just going by Maryland labor laws. After 40 hrs in the week you get OT. Does that not apply to UPS?

It's same here OP. If you are a T-S, coming in on a Monday would be your 6th punch, so OT all day.
I still don't understand how UPS can trump state labor laws. Is it because we're a union working under a contract? This is my 1st yr with UPS so it's still all new to me. The only reason I said yes to Mon was cause I assumed it would get me over 40hrs heading into Sat to get OT all day. That certainly backfired.

542thruNthru

I still don't understand how UPS can trump state labor laws. Is it because we're a union working under a contract? This is my 1st yr with UPS so it's still all new to me. The only reason I said yes to Mon was cause I assumed it would get me over 40hrs heading into Sat to get OT all day. That certainly backfired.
Also remember technically your work week begins on Tuesday.

iowa boy

You are already getting overtime after 8 hours of work each day. Why would UPS pay you overtime after 40 hours in a week?

UPS overtime is figured via the contract which states overtime after 8 hours each day or 40 in a week. Overtime after 8 hours of work is more lucrative than overtime after 40 in a week.

churn n’ burn

What's the difference, really? If I was to work Monday I'd get a better dispatch anyway. They know not to ask me because I'm not about spending all my time delivering packages... But yeah, it's not about hours in the week, it's about hours in the day.