SHTF for me at my hub

Philanthropy

Seems my woes at UPS seem to be piling up every week. If my part time supervisor unsecured a latch i turned on, and turned on the belt whilst i was on it and all they want to do is talk to her about it because she denied doing it where does that leave me??? This same supervisor became increasingly aggressive over the passed few weeks after i asked her not to advance the packages anymore, going as far as to scream and curse whilst slamming a package to the floor (filed a grievance for it). Making statements such as "Oh imma getcha", which seems to be coming into fruition with he said she said progressions being started.

She has been sending me home after i get the 3/30hr guarantee. But leaving people with less seniority on the clock, the last time i challenged it she and another supe said i elected to go home because of a gasoline smell coming from a truck i was working on which was a lie( i merely brought it to their attention and kept working). They have also been attempting to say i am deliberately sabotaging the work.

The stewards and BA ihve had to go to them in the past about hub activities, which now are coming back to haunt me. I have a timeline of events that would make things much more clear, and what im seeking are answers to if i should transfer hubs or not. My current hub has a very short waiting list on drivers/cover driving which is why ive stayed this long. Or should i just transfer and wait some years?? People who only have about 7months in the company are already driving.

El Correcto

god is dead
You’re a part timer. Practically bullet proof.
Show up sober on time, don’t steal, fight, lie, sexually harass and put an effort into working. You’ll be fine even if she doesn’t like you. Sign all the bid lists for driving. Why would you transfer because of some supervisor?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Seems my woes at UPS seem to be piling up every week. If my part time supervisor unsecured a latch i turned on, and turned on the belt whilst i was on it and all they want to do is talk to her about it because she denied doing it where does that leave me??? This same supervisor became increasingly aggressive over the passed few weeks after i asked her not to advance the packages anymore, going as far as to scream and curse whilst slamming a package to the floor (filed a grievance for it). Making statements such as "Oh imma getcha", which seems to be coming into fruition with he said she said progressions being started.

She has been sending me home after i get the 3/30hr guarantee. But leaving people with less seniority on the clock, the last time i challenged it she and another supe said i elected to go home because of a gasoline smell coming from a truck i was working on which was a lie( i merely brought it to their attention and kept working). They have also been attempting to say i am deliberately sabotaging the work.

The stewards and BA ihve had to go to them in the past about hub activities, which now are coming back to haunt me. I have a timeline of events that would make things much more clear, and what im seeking are answers to if i should transfer hubs or not. My current hub has a very short waiting list on drivers/cover driving which is why ive stayed this long. Or should i just transfer and wait some years?? People who only have about 7months in the company are already driving.
You need to stand up for yourself by filing. Keep filing harassment and for being sent home. You need to stand up for yourself. No one is going to do it for you. Do not transfer. You will not get fired.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Give them hell, everyday give her hell. Definitely file for the hours and check the cameras for who unsecured the belt.

She was probably bullied in school and needs to belittle others now to over compensate for her insecurities.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Give them hell, everyday give her hell. Definitely file for the hours and check the cameras for who unsecured the belt.

She was probably bullied in school and needs to belittle others now to over compensate for her insecurities.
I would do the opposite. I wouldn't give anyone hell. I would show up on time. Be quiet and work extra safe, and file those harassment grievances.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Do what everyone said and also call the Ups hotline and mention EVERYTHING she is doing. Mention how she is creating a hostile work environment and putting people in danger.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

playing-violin-animated-gif-2.gif

Philanthropy

Happened twice durring peak. Someone forgets to secure the belt before we walk on it, another idiot presses the wrong button and off we go! stacks sliding off the cars and tumbling down.
Actually with this belt it is situated underneath the slides to the package cars and runs the length of the center, and i initially pressed secure button to get the packages off the belt that i assumed were irregs, she hit the go button, i turned it off again and latched it she hit the go button after unlatching it while i was less than 6 feet away. It was intentional. I even asked her to stop harassing me. I've already been told by different people management has decided they don't like me. This is a new building and a majority are hired fresh with no understanding of what the union contract is about( i had a slight idea before i started working).

This last Saturday, i was asked to go home and my work wasn't finished, about 50 packages came down the shoot and i was simply asked to leave it for the monday shift to take care of about 2 hours ahead of when our shift was gonna be over (its a 5:30am- about 8:30/9am shift asked to go at around 7ish before break). I complied because i was told thats working as directed, and i asked for the guarantee and they said yes but i have a feeling they are gonna manipulate everything said to try and get me out.

I have 0 days missed since i started working, even through peak. Only have a few days late because my son was born and i had to make sure he was okay (was really only 1 or a few mins late), was given a he said she said meeting and all this after i told her to not advance the packages.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Actually with this belt it is situated underneath the slides to the package cars and runs the length of the center, and i initially pressed secure button to get the packages off the belt that i assumed were irregs, she hit the go button, i turned it off again and latched it she hit the go button after unlatching it while i was less than 6 feet away. It was intentional. I even asked her to stop harassing me. I've already been told by different people management has decided they don't like me. This is a new building and a majority are hired fresh with no understanding of what the union contract is about( i had a slight idea before i started working).

This last Saturday, i was asked to go home and my work wasn't finished, about 50 packages came down the shoot and i was simply asked to leave it for the monday shift to take care of about 2 hours ahead of when our shift was gonna be over (its a 5:30am- about 8:30/9am shift asked to go at around 7ish before break). I complied because i was told thats working as directed, and i asked for the guarantee and they said yes but i have a feeling they are gonna manipulate everything said to try and get me out.

I have 0 days missed since i started working, even through peak. Only have a few days late because my son was born and i had to make sure he was okay (was really only 1 or a few mins late), was given a he said she said meeting and all this after i told her to not advance the packages.
These brand new employees very often will dump irregs on the belts and never intercept nothing. The usual observation.

Best thing to work on is a team enviroment with your fellow employees. Requesting your garuntee as a group, stopping the progress of irregs as a whole would kick this new center into shape.

Is there BA visits? a shop steward?

Philanthropy

These brand new employees very often will dump irregs on the belts and never intercept nothing. The usual observation.

Best thing to work on is a team enviroment with your fellow employees. Requesting your garuntee as a group, stopping the progress of irregs as a whole would kick this new center into shape.

Is there BA visits? a shop steward?
Yeah, i handed the grievance for the secure latch incident off to one of the BA today. Today was a bit odd, all the people that were at odds with me due to her were pretty chill, she herself wasn't raging at me, and all the other supes seemed nicer than usual. Strange day.

F

Frankie's Friend

Remember this... you can file for FMLA for family issues like that and just take the day off when your Dr notes intermitten leave.
No attendance infractions during that period (1 year ending on 12-31 yearly) are allowed by the company.
Filing a grievance and calling the 800 number helps stop the aggression most of the time just be sure to give your name and contact information to the harassment interviewer.

polyp

FMLA has a requirement of having worked 1250 hours in a rolling 12 month period to qualify.

Might be an issue for part-timers. Especially if they're getting kicked off the clock after 3.5.