Sick Anti-America Story

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Decorated Veteran Fights To Raise Flag In His Own Yard

That anti-American homeowners association MAKES ME SICK.

http://www.patriotguard.org
I would not be surprised if these FINE motorcycle riders don't take up the cause for this Cherished American Soldier.

I don't think he has many days left on this big planet, living in this Great Country, honoring the American Flag...

Why wait until he passes away to honor him?

If I lived in that area...I would make point of stopping at his house once a week to pay my respect to him and our flag.

Homeowners association can kiss my ....:biting:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Decorated Veteran Fights To Raise Flag In His Own Yard

That anti-American homeowners association MAKES ME SICK.
Gimme a break. This isn't about the flag, it's about being allowed to have a flagpole on your front lawn. I've had to duke it out with a homeowner's association before (over the color I painted my shutters), and I agree it sucks, but the rules are the rules. Now if he's right and having a flagpole isn't specifically prohibited then he might have a case and I hope he wins, but if he's wrong too bad. If the association makes an exception for him then they have to make an exception for everybody, including the guy who want's to fly an Iranian flag on his front lawn.

The lesson here is don't move into a neighborhood that's governed by a homeowners association if you don't want to conform to someone else's standards.

over9five

Staff member
I think this veteran of three wars AND a Congressional Medal of Honor holder has earned the right to have an American Flag in his yard.

Not sure about your Iranian friend.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think this veteran of three wars AND a Congressional Medal of Honor holder has earned the right to have an American Flag in his yard.

Not sure about your Iranian friend.
Thanks for your opinion. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
You started off this thread by calling the association "anti-american", which was ridiculous. They're just enforcing the rules, which is part of their job. If you don't want to follow those rules, don't live in that neighborhood. Or join the association and try to get the rule changed. Wrapping yourself in the flag and throwing a tantrum because you don't get special treatment is unbecoming.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I hate HOA's. I certainly hope that Col. Barfoot wins his battle against the HOA. If he doesn't it would be nice to see that Flagpole stuck up their collectives a&&e&.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Gimme a break. This isn't about the flag, it's about being allowed to have a flagpole on your front lawn. I've had to duke it out with a homeowner's association before (over the color I painted my shutters), and I agree it sucks, but the rules are the rules. Now if he's right and having a flagpole isn't specifically prohibited then he might have a case and I hope he wins, but if he's wrong too bad. If the association makes an exception for him then they have to make an exception for everybody, including the guy who want's to fly an Iranian flag on his front lawn.

The lesson here is don't move into a neighborhood that's governed by a homeowners association if you don't want to conform to someone else's standards.
Jones, if you had read the article it stated there was no language in the covenants about flagpoles. The article also stated that the board members objected to the flagpole. The article did not say that the residents objected. It seems to me this is another case of authority going to someones pea sized brain.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones, if you had read the article it stated there was no language in the covenants about flagpoles. The article also stated that the board members objected to the flagpole.

I did read the article, that's why I said :
"Now if he's right and having a flagpole isn't specifically prohibited then he might have a case and I hope he wins"
The article did not say that the residents objected. It seems to me this is another case of authority going to someones pea sized brain.
You might be absolutely right about that, I've certainly seen it before and it's a reason why I'm no fan of HOA's. But calling them "anti-american" is a little much.

over9five

Staff member
The guy is 90 years old. I think you take a Pro-America approach to this, and let him have his flagpole for the (probably) few remaining years he has. The association has no sense OR patriotism. You also say NO to any Iranians who want a flag and you change the bylaws to show that only a US flag is allowed. It's not rocket science.

It's situations like this that are leading our nation down the wrong path. Patriotism is NOT WRONG! Showing your patriotism is NOT WRONG.
Telling a 90 year old veteran that he can't fly a flag in his yard IS WRONG!

Make up your mind Jones. If it is about the pole and not the flag, what does the Iranian flag have to do with it?

Thanks for your opinion. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
You started off this thread by calling the association "anti-american", which was ridiculous. They're just enforcing the rules, which is part of their job. If you don't want to follow those rules, don't live in that neighborhood. Or join the association and try to get the rule changed. Wrapping yourself in the flag and throwing a tantrum because you don't get special treatment is unbecoming.
How condescending of you, no one is wrapping themselves in the flag and the only tantrum is coming for the ******* HOA board, they are the ones sending lawyers after a 90 year old bona fied American hero. If it had not been for men like Col. Barfoot, those self important "board members" would be writing in German.
Maybe "anti-american" isn't a fair term, but there is no way of denieing it is a slap in the face of a true American.

[FONT=&quot]When an American says that he loves his country, he means not only that he loves the New England hills, the prairies glistening in the sun, the wide and rising plains, the great mountains, and the sea. He means that he loves an inner air, an inner light in which freedom lives and in which a man can draw the breath of self-respect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ~Adlai Stevenson[/FONT]