Sick call. Being harassed.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Called in sick. My supervisor said “seriously? We’ve given you an easy week and you’ve been filing 9.5 grievances on us.” I said “yes I’m calling I sick.” He said “ok I’ll keep that in mind.” Is this considered harassment?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Depends on the pronunciation of harassment.

If sounded as HERESMENT....yes.

If sounded as HUHrassment... No.

Hope this helps

Box Ox

Called in sick. My supervisor said “seriously? We’ve given you an easy week and you’ve been filing 9.5 grievances on us.” I said “yes I’m calling I sick.” He said “ok I’ll keep that in mind.” Is this considered harassment?

Keep a record of the call, including exactly what was said and point to it if/when what you think what might be a prelude to harassment actually becomes harassment.

SandSpida

Did you remember to fake cough when you were on the phone? That always makes it seem real. Or play the vomit noises from Ferris Bueller's Day off.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
where does it :censored2:ing say you need to be sick to call in sick?????

I told a supe once if you wanna be a dick about it i'll call in sick every friday from now on.

I built up the max to 45 sick days and at the end of my career I could have called off for 9 weeks but instead called out every Monday and Tuesday so I had 3 day weeks for months.

There was nothing they could do about it. I figured it was a "tax" I levied for all the harassment over the years.
They gave up on me anyways when they figured out they couldnt bother me.

i actually wanted to work instead of cashing in all my sick days. Those last months were really enjoyable. I wanted it
last as long as possible.