Sick Days

zapmail

Long time lurker ( NOT troll ) anyone else giving thought to burning 5 sick days before October? that is if you still have 5...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They will put you on TRW.

No. We have 5 sick days. I say use them all before October. Better yet, save them for the week prior to October 1st and use at least 3 at once. Send them a "thank you" message. Does TRW have a different meaning in your universe? Besides, they don't even offer it so you can hit 90 days more quickly and can eliminate you.

Mr Fedex

Banned
No. We have 5 sick days. I say use them all before October. Better yet, save them for the week prior to October 1st and use at least 3 at once. Send them a "thank you" message. Does TRW have a different meaning in your universe? Besides, they don't even offer it so you can hit 90 days more quickly and can eliminate you.
Dont listen to this Sasquatch. He's just trying get you in trouble and in his world that will so somehow hurt Fred S. He's demented.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
No reason not to use them.
It totally benefits you. You get a day off when you really need it, paid.
Getting them cashed out will probably be the next thing that magically gets eliminated just like split shift pay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dont listen to this Sasquatch. He's just trying get you in trouble and in his world that will so somehow hurt Fred S. He's demented.

Should I post your apology? That's right, by informing people I'm just trying to "get them in trouble" to somehow hurt Fred S. And yes, I am demented too. Are you from Kolob, by chance? All of your crazy talk is making me think you need new medication.

Oh, and we have 5 sick days per policy. How is using your sick time going to get you into trouble? I await your brilliant explanation from beneath the troll bridge.

Mr Fedex

Banned
It probably won't hurt him now that I think about seeing that they got rid of our performance reviews. He would be below goal and it would have hurt his raise. Maybe they will bring it back and he would be screwed for taking you advice.

LTFedExer

Oh, and we have 5 sick days per policy. How is using your sick time going to get you into trouble? I await your brilliant explanation from beneath the troll bridge.
1 agent told me about 2 months ago for she got a letter for sick days. I didn't ask, but could be she went over the 5 days or took to many Mondays and/or Fridays.....if that would get you a letter, I don't know.

zapmail

Exactly. It could be something else taken away and is why I bring it up. As far as "getting in trouble" goes, a $20 co-payment to the doctor can CYA.
Getting them cashed out will probably be the next thing that magically gets eliminated just like split shift pay.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
1 agent told me about 2 months ago for she got a letter for sick days. I didn't ask, but could be she went over the 5 days or took to many Mondays and/or Fridays.....if that would get you a letter, I don't know.

I know 1 courier who got an OLCC (and possibly more) for calling out sick. As with your example I don't know if he went over 5. He thinks he's completely justified in everything he does, so I'd say he found out the hard way that he's not.

59 Dano

Exactly. It could be something else taken away and is why I bring it up. As far as "getting in trouble" goes, a $20 co-payment to the doctor can CYA.

$20 and a trip to the doctor just to take a day off? I can see that if you really really need the day off but that's way too much effort just to not go to work.

59 Dano

If they eliminate pay for unused sick days they are guaranteeing that people will start using them. I'd hope that they are smart enough to realize that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know 1 courier who got an OLCC (and possibly more) for calling out sick. As with your example I don't know if he went over 5. He thinks he's completely justified in everything he does, so I'd say he found out the hard way that he's not.

The only way you can get an OLCC is for going over 5 or showing a pattern. Going to see a doctor and getting a note would completely clear you, even if you had a distinct pattern. Like I said, save them for the week before October 1st, and then use 2 or 3 in a row. Invest the co-pay, cover yourself, and send Fred a message.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
$20 and a trip to the doctor just to take a day off? I can see that if you really really need the day off but that's way too much effort just to not go to work.

No it isn't, especially if they are going to rake you over the coals. Let's all have a goal of using at least 2 sick days the week preceeding October 1st. You're a team player, so we can count on you, right?

zapmail

Thanks MFE..I didn't have the paitence to clarify the obvious. Perhaps they are just trying to sway the newcomer, sorry, I drink coffee, water, an occasional soda, alcohol here and there, but NO Kool-Aid!
No it isn't, especially if they are going to rake you over the coals. Let's all have a goal of using at least 2 sick days the week preceeding October 1st. You're a team player, so we can count on you, right?