Sick days.

Indecisi0n

We are given a certain amount of sick days from the start but do we occur more sick time as we work throughout the year?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where I am, sick days run April through April. If you don't use them, you get an extra check for unused time.

Nimnim

The Nim
Sick/optional/whatever time is annual. There is some sort of way to use time for the next year you've earned but it just takes away from the next year. Good luck doing that, always ends up an absolute mess every time I've seen it done.

Indecisi0n

Sick/optional/whatever time is annual. There is some sort of way to use time for the next year you've earned but it just takes away from the next year. Good luck doing that, always ends up an absolute mess every time I've seen it done.

Wow I never even heard of that. I personally would never even invite that headache.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ours has 1 personal holiday and 7 option days that can be taken as a full week vacation, paid out, or as single paid days without question. These run each calendar year and paid out if unused, not to be rolled over.

Ours has 1 personal holiday and 7 option days that can be taken as a full week vacation, paid out, or as single paid days without question. These run each calendar year and paid out if unused, not to be rolled over.
5 sickdays (may to may) can be rolled over 5 personal days (Jan 1 to Jan 1) can not be rolled over

Overpaid Union Thug

I love option days. I use them for sick days (which is extremely rare for me), doctor appointments, parent teacher conferences, and any other things that can't be done on the weekends. I have also used them for an extra vacation week or a partial vacation week. We get a total of 8 days including the one "personal holiday."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We get 4 personal and 5 sick days which can be used interchangeably. They do not carry over to the following year and any unpaid days are paid off on or around 12/15. I always run out of days before I run out of year.