Sick of hearing from customers, "working late, huh?"

JL 0513

Along with winter's short daylight comes this constant comment from customers. It's one thing if it's after 8, but I'm hearing it in the 5 o'clock hour. Just because it's dark doesn't mean it's late people. I don't have bankers hours like you. So for 3 hours a day I have to respond. I often say "always". In July, if I have a long day and it's 8pm I never hear it. Because it's still light out.

What do you guys say?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Along with winter's short daylight comes this constant comment from customers. It's one thing if it's after 8, but I'm hearing it in the 5 o'clock hour. Just because it's dark doesn't mean it's late people. I don't have bankers hours like you. So for 3 hours a day I have to respond. I often say "always". In July, if I have a long day and it's 8pm I never hear it. Because it's still light out.

What do you guys say?

You're still pretty new, aren't you?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

What do you guys say?
WE DONT WORK HALF DAYS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE lmfao.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
40workweek.jpg

MAKAVELI

The hours are ridiculous, id rather start work at 7 n be home by 5 or 6. Its like if im a have to work long hours at least get me home at a normal time u freakin jerks lol.
It's all relative bro. How many jobs do you know of that can make the $ and benefits you do with just a high school diploma? There will always be some tradeoffs for the $.;)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's all relative bro. How many jobs do you know of that can make the $ and benefits you do with just a high school diploma? There will always be some tradeoffs for the $.;)
Totally agree with ya dude, but still you know dude. Hours are just ridiculous in the grand scheme of things. Just show up for work and go home, do your time at ALCATRAZ n get out lol.

MAKAVELI

Totally agree with ya dude, but still you know dude. Hours are just ridiculous in the grand scheme of things. Just show up for work and go home, do your time at ALCATRAZ n get out lol.
You also have to realize, you would never make the same $ anywhere else doing the same job. The reality of this industry is you can't have your cake and eat it too. You ultimately have to choose what is most important to you. Time or $.

JL 0513

The hours are ridiculous, id rather start work at 7 n be home by 5 or 6. Its like if im a have to work long hours at least get me home at a normal time u freakin jerks lol.

It's a wonder why our system can't be set up to move the volume to centers early enough and have it so preload could be wrapped by 7:30am. And drivers could be on road at 8am. Run resi's for an hour and start businesses at 9. Is it really a complete impossibility?

Wasn't even 5:30 the other day I got it ....just shook my shoulders. ........

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard it at 5:15 last Wednesday. On a day I punched out at 8:15. Helper was a no show. I felt like saying, "Late?, I haven't even taken lunch yet!"