Sick

OPTION3

Every day you are on-time, clean shaven, hard working………You are a P.O.S
When you call in….You are the most valuable cog in the machine! UPS is gonna shut down if you don't come in! LMFAO!----------Hope you feel better!

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Every day you are on-time, clean shaven, hard working………You are a P.O.S
When you call in….You are the most valuable cog in the machine! UPS is gonna shut down if you don't come in! LMFAO!----------Hope you feel better!

Thanks. Pushing the fluids hard right now. Don't wanna miss another day of work tomorrow. Lord knows UPS would have to shut it's doors if I do.That's exactly the way they make yah feel anyway. Ridiculous!

J

jibbs

Coincidental timing to get sick, eh? Well, for the Northeast, at least...

I think that might be what the "Oh boy..." was about. On days like this morning, I bet he was thinking that you just didn't want to drive in the snow/ice if you've been effected by it.

Fuggit, though, you do what you gotta do to stay healthy/

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Coincidental timing to get sick, eh? Well, for the Northeast, at least...

I think that might be what the "Oh boy..." was about. On days like this morning, I bet he was thinking that you just didn't want to drive in the snow/ice if you've been effected by it.

Fuggit, though, you do what you gotta do to stay healthy/

In my area, We've had similar weather 36 out of the last 52 days according to the news this mourning. And of coarse that's what he thought... Because drivers aren't human in their minds.. They're penicillin infused package donkey's that should never get sick.

OPTION3

In my area, We've had similar weather 36 out of the last 52 days according to the news this mourning. And of coarse that's what he thought... Because drivers aren't human in their minds.. They're penicillin infused package donkey's that should never get sick.
You have Option 3 sick days?…….Tell him you just ain't feeling it today……He can POUND SAND……Treat yourself right…God knows…UPS won't do it!

Johney

How about when they do talk you into going in because they are understaffed only to see the top two senior drivers walking out with the day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks. Pushing the fluids hard right now. Don't wanna miss another day of work tomorrow. Lord knows UPS would have to shut it's doors if I do.That's exactly the way they make yah feel anyway. Ridiculous!
They always act like they can't move a package without us. They'll get the hell over it. Take your sick day, maybe take two...lol.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Still blowing chow tonight?
You picked a good day to get the flu. With the snow and wind today the roads were horrible. Late air shuttled out around 130pm added another 30 or so miles.
If the weather doesn't improve soon I may visit your hospital and start licking patients faces.

MethodsMan

Had to call in sick today... Don't like doing it, but spent all night praying to the porcelain Gods. Called my center and my on car answered. I said,"Hey man sorry but I'm sick and can't make it in today." His reply...."WHAT!" long pause..... I said, "I am sick,please use one of my optional paid days for today." He says "Oh Boy!" Then I end the call.... Love it how our management team doesn't give two :censored2:s about their people. Never said, Hey man get well soon or take care of yourself. Just waiting for the call back begging me to come in.. I really hope I don't have this nasty flu that I hear is going around... Anyone else out there getting sick?

You can't call in sick, they have just enough people to cover all the routes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaceFremonti

Back in my early days as a driver I got into an argument with an onroad about always having to bail certain drivers out.

It elevated into a shouting match where I basically said I'm the best driver you have and I'm sick and tired of busting tail all day only to have to go rescue people who lay down because they know help is coming. If you don't back off I'm going to make sure you'll be sending ME help everyday!

He replied by saying that regardless of whether I'm a UPS driver or not the packages will get delivered........

Friday of that week I called in sick and the above mentioned supe answered the phone and began giving me the usual rhetoric. I let him finish his tirade and said "Well you just said on Wednesday that regardless of whether I'm working or not the packages will get delivered so I'll see you Monday morning!" All I heard on the other end was a loud sigh and then CLICK he hung up.

Ever since then I have not hesitated to call in if need be. I called in that following Monday as well. :cool:

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
Several years ago my son(5-6yrs old at the time) was really sick with the flu etc. My wife had a very important audit at her work and could not take off,it was up to me 2 make the call. Called in,sup told me "UPS didnt tell me to have a kid" .... i couldnt have the day off and hung up. I didnt go in that day but had to contact my BA as soon as the hall opened. He never said a word to me about it but made innuendos during the next few PCMs about people calling in sick. He is long gone as a sup, never had a problem with anyone else.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I am lucky in that I rarely call off so when I do "the call that does it all" they want to know where to send the flowers.

Future

Victory Ride
Yes they held all night vigils at all the centers in the country for your speedy recovery so UPS could open again! Please call in sick again today!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Heard a new one the other day: "We're not accepting call ins, we expect you to come to work."
Points for creativity I suppose..

J

jibbs

Heard a new one the other day: "We're not accepting call ins, we expect you to come to work."

Man... At the very least, every time I've called in the supervisor/management on the other end does their damndest to persuade me to come in, but I've never been told, "Nope, not acceptable." December 18th was the last day I allowed it to happen. I went in, sat in front of a heating vent and watched the packages go right by me.

Got to go home super early without using a sick day. Sweet deal.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Knew some sups had a God complex but now the can cure the sick with an edict. Just wonder how they are going to add it to the depth of knowledge.