Signature or no Signature?

clean hairy

So, you have a ground delivery to a Business, no signature paid for or required.
No one is at the front desk, you DR front desk and be on your way?
Just wondering as there has been some discussion about this.

Notretiredyet

We've been instructed to leave a deliveryrelease everywhere. Just like the prompt says, the customer is given a discount and no claims are paid on these. Leave it and walk away.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That is the question, since the sender is too cheap to require a signature, why should we provide a service not paid for?

They are paying for it because it's included in the service of delivering to a commercial stop. Unless it's shipper release, it requires a signature at all commercial stops.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The methods clearly state that you must get a signature at ALL commercial stops--no exceptions.
I stated the method; however, if this is a regular customer who just happened to step out for a moment, I will take care of it.

Seriously? How will "you take care of it"? By signing their name?

Your two posts contradict each other. First you say no exceptions, follow methods. Then you say, doesn't apply to me because I'll take care of it.

How do you expect to actually be taken seriously if this is your advice?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seriously? How will "you take care of it"? By signing their name?

Your two posts contradict each other. First you say no exceptions, follow methods. Then you say, doesn't apply to me because I'll take care of it.

How do you expect to actually be taken seriously if this is your advice?

It's called being honest.

Go find someone else to bug.

Tough Guy

There's been times when the person who would normally sign is occupied or busy or whatever and if they acknowledge me or wave or whatever I'll gesture to a desk or wherever it is I'm leaving it and put it in as dr mcm or mcw.

It's really a matter of what arrangement is made between you and certain customers.

I don't, however, sign someone's name. If it's being left without a siggy its dr 1 or 2

UPSGUY72

If I can't find someone or they are busy and can't sign. I have no problem dr a package at a business. If I dr a package at a business I put the package where will either trip over it or have to sit on it. Some business I have delivered to have left notes please leave at such and location. Again i have no problems dr a package in that situation.