Signing a production sheet for going slow.

Birdblue

lets say if one night I go slow and I come in the next day and they make me sign a sheet showing that I didn’t meet production could they use that to eventually fire me if they really wanted too? It’s just at times both my trailers get so busy that I can’t keep both of them down and the business manager and other supervisors and employees keep downing me about that I feel like that they eventually will. I just got down about it and had a bad is all and that’s why I went slow. Also when I load my trailers I usually load at a steady pace knowing that they will go up and I think they are interpreting that as me going slow and don’t care will they use that against me if they want me gone?

john chesney

lets say if one night I go slow and I come in the next day and they make me sign a sheet showing that I didn’t meet production could they use that to eventually fire me if they really wanted too? It’s just at times both my trailers get so busy that I can’t keep both of them down and the business manager and other supervisors and employees keep downing me about that I feel like that they eventually will. I just got down about it and had a bad is all and that’s why I went slow. Also when I load my trailers I usually load at a steady pace knowing that they will go up and I think they are interpreting that as me going slow and don’t care will they use that against me if they want me gone?
Dude Ups mind game to get you to go faster. Go slower next time. They can’t even get people to work this job anymore on the inside. Relax

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If you are in the union, don't sign anything

Box Ox

No. :censored2: ‘em. They’re just trying to bully you. Tell those :censored2:s you’re working safely and will file for harassment every time you're singled out with a production related sheet to sign. And give your shop steward and Business Agent a heads up about what’s going on.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I never once met the numbers I loaded at when I first started inside because it was unsafe as hell, the longer you work here, the longer you realize the best thing you can do is make sure you don't trip walking out of a car and fall face first into the boxline cages.

Eventually (months) the stupidvisors will do something that makes your pace a non-issue rather than attempt to harass you into working faster. I have one of the hardest assignments in the whole center, and external factors (cage mis-sorts, crap left over from night sort) always trump my own pace when it comes to getting everything loaded by 9.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
lets say if one night I go slow and I come in the next day and they make me sign a sheet showing that I didn’t meet production could they use that to eventually fire me if they really wanted too?

Simple answer.... No.

ARTICLE 6. Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements

"Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively, or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee’s file or used by the Employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents thereof be divulged to any person or entity."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Go to work, and do the best you can. Everyone has bad days.

There are no "production" standards.

-Bug-

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
sign nothing and talk less

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Sign nothing...I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut but when they’re talking to you just have a crap eating grin on your head and say nothing

3o6fIQJ2YWfsKjJd9m.gif

IESucks

You will never satisfy ups..ever. Like my boss once told me..you have to do too many things rite.if they want to fire you they can.