Sleeper Teams cut???

Feederquacker

I've been told that some of the Team runs will be cut and some will be modified. Looks like they are combining parts of two of them to make one and reduce the number of teams and kick those that had their runs cut back to the brown truck. Is this happening all over the country or is it only here in Georgia?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
They did that to us last year during peak and I think the grievances are still going through the system. Haven't heard if they are doing it again this year.

Feederquacker

I guess I should have said that I'm one of the ones getting cut. I just wonder if they are doing it to everyone or if it is just a part of the country getting screwed. I for one will be loosing between $600-$800 a week. I don't expect to make the hours to make up the difference.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I should have said that I'm one of the ones getting cut. I just wonder if they are doing it to everyone or if it is just a part of the country getting screwed. I for one will be loosing between $600-$800 a week. I don't expect to make the hours to make up the difference.

How much are you grossing if you are expecting to lose between $600-800/week?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That's a little personal don't you think?

I know our feeder who just got kicked back down to package said he lost $500 a week on his check.
That's because he probably worked 60 hours a week making that easy money. Now that he's has to break a sweat he's probably done after 50 hours.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I might be overstating it but it's a possibility that what I get for peak won't be much more than the guaranteed 40hrs.
Depending how hard you wanna work you can make more in package. A package driver in my old building grossed 3300 a week. His route was the most brutal route I've ever seen.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I've been told that some of the Team runs will be cut and some will be modified. Looks like they are combining parts of two of them to make one and reduce the number of teams and kick those that had their runs cut back to the brown truck. Is this happening all over the country or is it only here in Georgia?
Happened all over the country last year. They are subcontracting out your loads for the rest of peak season.
Hope you voted

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Happened all over the country last year. They are subcontracting out your loads for the rest of peak season.
Hope you voted
It's not like the contract ceases to exist for two months. This is pathetic.

We have a
Feeder coverage driver bumped to package car for peak so a seasonal can work.

I'm like that's not right man. He said what can I do the union won't back me.

ManInBrown

Depending how hard you wanna work you can make more in package. A package driver in my old building grossed 3300 a week. His route was the most brutal route I've ever seen.
That's not possible. Not sure what local has the highest pay for package but let's just use 36.00 an hr

36x40=1440
54x20=1080
2520 weekly

Indecisi0n

It's not like the contract ceases to exist for two months. This is pathetic.

We have a
Feeder coverage driver bumped to package car for peak so a seasonal can work.

I'm like that's not right man. He said what can I do the union won't back me.
He could do 3 stops an hour.

ManInBrown

Add 2 hours bonus a day at 54
Ok. 3060. I find it hard to believe anyone is working that many hours every week. I'm not in a bonus center but correct me if I'm wrong. How could one work 60 hours a week and get 2 hours bonus daily? Isn't the whole thing with bonus being paid for coming in under? So the driver was dispatched with 15 hours work and brought it in 2 hours under?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok. 3060. I find it hard to believe anyone is working that many hours every week. I'm not in a bonus center but correct me if I'm wrong. How could one work 60 hours a week and get 2 hours bonus daily? Isn't the whole thing with bonus being paid for coming in under? So the driver was dispatched with 15 hours work and brought it in 2 hours under?

It happens

sandwich

The resident gearhead
That's not possible. Not sure what local has the highest pay for package but let's just use 36.00 an hr

36x40=1440
54x20=1080
2520 weekly
Incorrect sir. His route is rated at 16 hours a day. He comes in early. Runs early am's plus a bulk stop. Comes back takes his route out then runs misloads. So he works 12 hours a day. But he is able to beat his route by 3 or 4 hours a day. Plus his 4 hours of overtime. The guy is a machine. When he is on vacation they make his route into 2 routes. He does so much work in one day its insane. Also I've personally seen his checks because he loves showing them off.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes. His route is rated at 16-17 hours a day. I've seen his checks first hand. I was blown away myself.