Slow unload? Get fired?

Killzone

Today was my 3rd week working at ups As an unloader,and before leaving my supervisor told me that I need to unload faster etc in order to "keep my job" some trucks he tells me 40 min to unload and I take 55 min other trucks 1hr30min to unload and I take around 2hr. I'm new and I need to adjust to be faster to those numbers he tells me. Can I get fired???

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​Unlikely but with UPS one never knows for sure. Keep doing the best you can and ask them to give you pointers on where you can improve.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It takes a few weeks to get use to the pace and the level of physicality to the job. You just keep your head up. The best advice I can give is don't waste footsteps. They add up.

tourists24

Today was my 3rd week working at ups As an unloader,and before leaving my supervisor told me that I need to unload faster etc in order to "keep my job" some trucks he tells me 40 min to unload and I take 55 min other trucks 1hr30min to unload and I take around 2hr. I'm new and I need to adjust to be faster to those numbers he tells me. Can I get fired???
Until you obtain your seniority they can let you go for almost anything they want to

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I know what I got my self into underpaying slave but I'm willing to take all the bs to one day be a driver hopefully

I hate to break it to you brother, but the BS increases exponentially once you become a driver. This is because the driver is the face of the company and is the only one that deals with the customers daily, so the driver is the only person at UPS that *must* do their job correctly 100% of the time. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Make your book and then take your time. I've never heard of them firing anyone for lack of production.

OptimusPrime

I hate to break it to you brother, but the BS increases exponentially once you become a driver. This is because the driver is the face of the company and is the only one that deals with the customers daily, so the driver is the only person at UPS that *must* do their job correctly 100% of the time. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Make your book and then take your time. I've never heard of them firing anyone for lack of production.

True, but at least you are compensated for it. With the current state of starting wages, benefits being far off, and the overall state the whole part time worker deal is in, I could not honestly recommend UPS to any of my friends. Unless it's the end of the road for you, go get a job at an air conditioned grocery store. Pay is roughly the same, but the workload is minimal in comparison.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Welcome to UPS! you'll find as you get further into your career the usual style of leadership is to lead by fear and intimidation

tourists24

Sure they can--it's called demonstrated performance.
there's a lot more to it than that though after you obtain your seniority. They would have to document that he was performing for a period of time at a certain standard under the same conditions daily. Its one thing to say but another to show it, especially if you have only been with the company for 30 days